Show All Results
Quality Services Manager
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The primary role of the Quality Services Manager is to establish, implement and maintain environment, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) initiatives, processes, systems and procedures, and to ensure that they meet industry, government and company standards and specifications. He is also tasks to lead in the planning and development of new or revised processes, systems and procedures and he is expected to coordinate and oversee EHSQ management systems and its continued certification in accordance with the international standards (ISO 9001 except Healthcare, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001). Moreover, he is also tasks to manage the following functions/program: Security arrangement, including the security guards provided by a third-party security company; company branding following Brand Identity Principles; car fleet, including the outsourced personnel provided by a third-party fleet management company.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes, documents, implements and maintains an environment, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management system and continually improve its effectiveness in accordance with the company requirements.
- Establishes appropriate environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) policies; set-up EHSQ objectives and targets at relevant functions and levels; develops programs and activities to attain the defined objectives and targets; and creates procedures/work instructions needed to ensure effective and efficient planning, operation, monitoring and control of its processes.
- Monitors compliance to applicable EHSQ-related laws, regulations, industry standards, codes of practice, the requirements of headquarters and other requirements to which the company subscribes.
- Establishes and implements a system to identify the environmental aspects of the company’s activities, products and services that it can control or influence, and ensures the aspects that have significant impacts on the environment are eliminated or controlled.
- Establishes and implements a system to identify the hazards from the company’s facilities and from the activities of personnel in the workplace, assesses the corresponding risks, and implements necessary control measures to prevent injury and ill-health.
- Establishes and implements a monitoring and measurement system of the company’s processes to ensure achievement of planned results.
- Establishes and implements a system to identify the potential for, and the corresponding responses to, incidents and emergency situations, and for preventing and controlling the illness and injury that these incidents may cause.
- Conducts scheduled internal audits and management reviews to determine whether the EHSQ management system is effectively implemented and maintained and to determine other opportunities for improvement
- Oversees the external audits conducted by the certifying body to determine the continued certification of MINC against the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Conceptualizes and implements the security arrangement in the office and in the warehouse, including supervision of the security guards provided by a third-party security company.
- Oversee the procurement, assignment and maintenance of the company car fleet, including the supervision of the outsourced personnel provided by a third-party fleet management company.
- Establishes and implements a system for investigation and reporting of incidents (i.e., accidents, near misses) and emergency situations, and for formulating corrective action to prevent recurrence.
- Establishes and implements a system to control the documents and records required by the EHSQ management system.
- Ensures company’s compliance to the Corporate Design Guideline for literatures, advertisement, packaging, stationery, fairs and exhibits, internet pages and other communication tools. Orients users on the use of guidelines, templates, logos and other design elements.
- Performs the responsibilities of Content Manager and in-charge of company information for the local pages of the corporate internet site.
- Responsible for the preparation and update of “online version” of the contents.
- Responsible for web consistency including the links and ensure that the respective site is in the scope of our strategy.
- Acts as the company’s Safety Man as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Standards of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
- Acts as Pollution Control Officer as required by the Environmental Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
- Acts as Site Security Officer responsible for the security of office and warehouse sites.
- May act as Trade Compliance Officer. As such, defines the general control processes to ensure compliance to foreign and local trade regulatory requirements
- To act as back-up person of company's Responsible Person (QA) for product release, product recall and product complaints.
- Performs other functions that may be assigned from time to time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Abide by and perform to the best of his/her abilities all functions, duties and responsibilities to be assigned by the Employer in due course;
- Comply with the orders and instructions given from time to time by the Employer through its authorized representatives;
- Shall not disclose any confidential information in respect of the affairs of the Employer to any unauthorized person;
- Perform any other administrative or non-administrative duties as assigned by any representative of the Employer from time to time either through direct written order or by oral assignment.
- Patient Safety/Pharmacovigilance
- To recognize a reportable Adverse Event (AE) or safety information and ensuring the necessary information is forwarded according to the company procedures.
- Quality Assurance
- On handling customer complaint, the employee must obtain and compile the information regarding a received complaint and to transfer the information to the local complaint manager.
- Comply with the Company Environment, Health, Safety and Security policies and procedures relevant to your position.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations issued by the relevant government regulatory agencies;
- Abide by the Company Code of Conduct and all other policies relevant to your position, including but not limited to the Anti-Corruption and the Anti-Trust Policies.
- All functions
- Senior Leadership Team
- Environmental Management Bureau, Department of Energy and Natural Resources (DENR)
- Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
- Laguna Lake Development Authority
- Health and Sanitation Section, Municipality of Pasig
- Bureau of Fire
- Certifying Body: Certification International, Philippines
- Trucking Companies
- Third Party Suppliers (i.e. Security, Fleet/FARM, etc.)
- External Legal Counsel (where required)
Who You Are:
- Has 4 to 5 years college degree preferably in disciplines of Chemical Engineering or BS Accounting with Auditing experience
- Has knowledge or application experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- 10 years of related experience: at least 5 years in QA and EHS management, and at least 2 years EHSQ internal auditing experience
- Can write policies and procedures, routine reports, and correspondence
- Can understand business processes
- Can speak effectively
- Can calculate figures and amounts
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral form.
- Must have above-average know-how in project management, computers, particularly MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Access and Lotus Notes.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html