Show All Results
Scientist Production Associate - 2nd Shift
Posted 20 Mar 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin - United States
Req Id 261913
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
An Associate Production Scientist will assemble, operate, clean, and disassemble complete flow chemistry equipment according to established procedures and following safety protocols. You will annotate completed steps and processes in batch records in accordance with good documentation practices. You will test in-process samples using GC, Karl-Fisher titration, HPLC, 1H NMR spectroscopy, and FTIR spectroscopy. You will lead innovation projects designed to improve processes and reduce costs. You will have a passion for producing quality products that meet our customers’ needs and expectations. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday - Friday 2pm - 10:30pm.
- Ensure quality throughout the process
- Set up equipment, produce chemicals and run analytical tests
- Ensure quality specifications for final product. Document results and observations as defined in department guidelines
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Review protocols and suggests changes as necessary for management review
- Train new employees and assist in cross-training current employees
- Serve on committees that will improve department, site, or Company performance focusing on safety, quality, inventory, output, costs, and other related issues
- Recheck results for out-of-specification, select alternative test methods and request management assistance as necessary
- Create and maintain calibration logs and document training records
- Leading department when supervisor is absent or leading a small group in production. The amount of time producing chemicals or improving processes will be reduced in the event that the time spent on this function increases beyond 10%
- Assist in scheduling duties, assigning duties, and making sure duties are completed as necessary
- Lead small group of employees with shift changeover to ensure clean shift handoffs, and that work is completed on all shifts, as necessary
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in flow chemistry or other chemical engineering industry
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and dexterity
- Experience with ISO 9001 and current good manufacturing practices (cGMP)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills, and be a team player
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling procedures
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html