Show All Results
Quality Control Scientist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Quality Control Scientist is responsible for performing multi-discipline analytical test methods for a variety of product lines to help achieve overall business objectives. This role is also responsible for maintaining the Product Stability, Product Retention, and Reverse Osmosis Water Quality Programs in accordance with the current regulatory guidelines. Additionally, this role supports Special Projects and Process Engineering analytical requirements to maintain existing, and future, business development.
- Understands and works within a broad range of guidelines, standard operating. procedures and/ or technical methods that involve a variety of routine work procedures with a moderate degree of supervision.
- Performs analytical testing on raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods adhering to GLPs, GMPs, and EHS requirements.
- Performs laboratory activities in a timely manner to meet manufacturing and product delivery deadlines.
- Interprets analytical data relative to specifications, process controls, and other analytical references.
- Performs investigations on aberrant data and initiate out of specification reports.
- Maintains and control quality records in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Conducts laboratory support functions. Maintains supply levels to ensure availability.
- Performs simple laboratory instrument upkeep including the cleaning, calibration, and the preventive maintenance of the instrument.
- Performs high-level instrument troubleshooting activities.
- Assists with Deviations, Change Controls, Risk Assessments, and CAPAs.
- Participates in audit readiness.
- May work a 12-hour shift cycle every 2 weeks on either a day or night shift assignment.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or another related life science discipline, OR
- Associate degree AND 2+ years’ work experience in biology, chemistry, or another related life science discipline
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry, analytical microbiology, analytical biology, environmental monitoring, and plant hygiene processes and procedures.
- 1+ years of experience working in a cGMP Quality Control Laboratory
- 1 + years of experience working with laboratory equipment such as (HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, TOC, AA, and KF)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.