Show All Results
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That`s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimageable with us.
Job Title - Senior software Engineer
Job Location - Bangalore
Role Description -
Sr. Software Engineer will work with scrum masters, functional analysts, and other technical analysts to understand business requirements, and design and build scalable solutions using Java/JEE frameworks to successfully implement requirements that meet business needs. The candidate also may need to support the existing software solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design and develop scalable technical implementations.
- Provide support for existing software solutions.
- Work closely with globally distributed business analysts and architects to build an effective software solution.
- Improve the code quality with effective testing and review processes.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent. Experience developing software products in chemical, biochemical or biology is an added plus.
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience in Java/Java EE
- Experience in developing REST services.
- Experience in unit test frameworks.
- Ability to provide solutions based on the business requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with global teams and a flexible work schedule.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be customer-centric.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodology and Jira issue-tracking software.
- Experience Git.
- Knowledge in Elasticsearch, Cassandra and KIE (Drools).
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.