Show All Results
Senior Product Owner, Scientific Software
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
By unlocking the power of data AI for drug discovery (AIDD), AIDDISON has the potential to enable personalized medicine and change patient lives. An M-Ventures funded biotech start-up is poised to seize the opportunity at the intersection between the Healthcare and Life Science Divisions of Merck, KGaA Darmstadt, Germany. Our mandate is to think big and reach across teams to leverage the full capabilities of the organization. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Senior Product Owner, Scientific Software will be part of the product management team responsible for our AI, Scientific, and automation drug discovery products portfolio. We seek a highly motivated and experienced Product Owner to lead the product development of our chemistry R&D software products. This position will report to the Director of Software R&D and work closely with cross-functional teams, including software development, sales, marketing, and customer support.
Your will be responsible to:
- Create a product roadmap based on user specifications and maintain a product roadmap that aligns with the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Define and prioritize product features and requirements based on market research, customer feedback, and industry trends.
- Provide the voice of the customer to the software development teams to ensure they understand how their work relates to the needs of the business and our customers.
- Understand and translate user needs into product requirements for prototype construction and final product development by the software development teams.
- Actively seek feedback from business stakeholders and relay it to the team.
- Own the software development teams’ backlog and prioritize user stories to meet the needs of the business and our customer in the most effective way possible.
- Collaborate with the software development teams to define objectives and ensure the team remains focused on meeting those objectives.
- Work with the Scrum Master to identify, manage, and coordinate dependencies with other teams.
- Collaborate with the software development teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products that meet customer needs.
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans, including pricing strategies, product positioning, and marketing campaigns.
- Work with Product Manager, R&D team, and other stakeholders to define features for development.
- Define measurable KPIs to monitor product performance and user feedback to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, industry partners, and thought leaders.
- Provide product training and support to sales and customer support teams.
- Stay up-to-date on industry developments, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies in the scientific software space.
Location: Hybrid Role, Burlington, MA preferred
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a product owner role, preferably in the software industry.
- Solid domain knowledge in life science area.
- Strong understanding of scientific software in R&D and related technologies.
- Hand-on experience in Scrum and agile software development methodology and tools.
- Experience in software product development
- Proven ability to define and execute product strategy and to develop and maintain a product roadmap.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Customer-centric mindset and a passion for delivering high-quality products that meet customer needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Advanced degree in life science field.
- Hands-on knowledge in ChemInformatics and BioInformatics
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.