Show All Results
Maintenance Technician 2 - 2nd shift
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Maintenance Technician II at MilliporeSigma will support the maintenance activities at the Sheboygan Falls site. The Maintenance Tech will repair equipment, facilities, and utility systems and assist in keeping the entire site running by completing corrective and preventive maintenance work orders. In addition, the technician will complete predictive maintenance tasks to improve equipment reliability and life cycles. Daily tasks to include the following:
- Troubleshoot controls, VFDs, analytical equipment, and instrumentation
- Troubleshoot, install, and maintain electrical power and control circuits
- Operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair boilers, chillers, HVAC and air handling systems
- Repair metal, glass, and glass lined equipment
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair EHS equipment and systems
- Use PC software and applications (CMMS, web browsers, Word, Excel, and email)
- Operate industrial vehicles such as forklifts and manlifts
- Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics, gauges, and units of measure
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.)
- Use precision measuring equipment
- Identify parts needed for repair
- Make decisions and resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.)
- Generate process improvement solutions
- Direct contractors and other technicians in completing work
- Participation in weekend shifts and on-call program, and after-hours duty
- Participate in 6S and shop organization activities
- Conduct instrument calibrations and predictive maintenance tasks
- Perform work related travel as necessary
- Follow all safety rules and regulations including confined space entry, hot works, and line entry
- Identify unsafe work conditions and report them to management
- Shift/hours: 2nd shift - 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM, M-F
Who you are
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electronics, or other maintenance discipline
- Certifications in refrigerant appliance and HVAC electronic controls
- Understand materials of construction and chemical compatibility
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good documentation practices in Computer Maintenance Management Systems
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.