Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has an opening as a Process Engineer at our Miamisburg, OH location! In this role you will support plant operations including regular review for ongoing productivity, efficiency and safety. Assist plant personnel in developing engineering solutions to production and operations problems and opportunities. Provide engineering perspective in planning production related process and facilities modifications. Function as project manager for projects less than approximately $1M or as process liaison with Project Engineering on larger projects.
- Support operations including regular review for ongoing productivity, efficiency and safety
- Proactively identify process operating problems and opportunities for improvements and develop solutions. Proactively interact with plant personnel to identify problems and opportunities. Process and project solutions reflect innovative, efficient, and cost effective techniques and approaches
- Investigate alternative technology available to solve problems or provide advantage
- Maintain working files of plant design and operation including required process safety management information and working information to facilitate future plant expansion.
- Take the lead in justifying the project to management to obtain approval. Develop project requirements, scope of work, technical design, cost justification and support through the approval process as assigned.
- Provide timely, professional analysis and recommendations for engineering information and services requested
- Interact with customer (end user), maintenance and management to assess need
- Evaluate customer request reviewing/interpreting code, policy, procedural and regulatory requirements to provide thorough design basis, supporting calculations, drawings and specifications as required
- Document calculations and assumptions used to identify and size equipment based on production and/or business needs. Review/verify contract engineering process design packages for completeness and accuracy
- Personally or in conjunction with CAD designers, complete process design drawings (PI&D's, Material and Energy Balances, Electrical Classification)
- Manage project schedule and costs against schedule and identify deviations to customer and management in a timely manner
- Develop scope change documentation, with accompanying costs, for management review and approval
- Facilitate project closure with startup, validation, regulatory, and documentation tasks as scoped (required)
- Manage quality control, procure necessary contractor services, material and equipment to support capital project and process objectives throughout project schedule
- Inspect completed work, delivered materials, and equipment received to ensure adherence to specifications bids and quotes and issue purchase orders as required
- Review invoices and approval for proper payment
Who You Are:
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering field
- 3+ years’ experience of process engineer or project management
- Experience with stable isotopes
- Extensive understanding of Engineering Principles and advanced technical engineering skills including gas distillation design and optimization
- Ability to read, interpret, summarize and implement policies, codes, standards and regulations
- Familiarity with CAD and project scheduling software
- Project management techniques. Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective project scope conceptualization skills
- Disciplined demonstrated documentation skills
- Effective vendor interaction (communication) skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Technical PC software and hardware skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.