Show All Results
Automation Application Developer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Job Title Automation Application Developer
Team Systems and Automation
Department Data Science (DS)/ Clinical Measurement Sciences (CMS)
Reporting To Head of Systems & Automation
Design, develop, and maintain front and back-end application software, focusing on automation in cloud engineering to enable smooth data transition and improve efficiencies for DS/CMS. Responsible for programming, application engineering, technical architecture, and related activities to ensure efficiency and conformity of processes and services according to the design requirements. The role involves creating innovative and efficient software solutions that enable R&D employees to collect, analyze, and interpret complex data related to R&D processes.
• Application Development: design, develop, and maintain applications and software solutions that support data science initiatives within the R&D
• Automation tools: writing code, implementing algorithms, and creating software components for processes automation
• Cloud platforms: work with major cloud service providers, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Palantir, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure
• Data Integration and Management: integrating data from various sources, such as clinical trials, research studies, and scientific databases, into the applications
• User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design: creating intuitive and user-friendly interfaces, visualizations, dashboards, and data exploration
• Testing and Quality Assurance: developing and executing test cases, performing system and integration testing and identifying and fixing bugs
• Documentation and Technical Writing: developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation of the applications, including technical specifications, user guides, and code documentation
• Compliance and Security: implementing appropriate data protection measures, securing sensitive data, and adhering to regulatory requirements
• Troubleshooting and Support: investigating and resolving issues, responding to user queries, and providing guidance and training on the use of applications
Who you are:
• B.Sc (or higher) in Computer Science, Software Engineering Information, Data Science , Data Architecture or equivalent industry experience
• Software and application design, testing and delivering high-quality use cases
• AWS certification, such as AWS Certified Big Data or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
• Pharma domain knowledge of the specific requirements, challenges, and workflows of the pharmaceutical R&D process - considered a plus
• Familiarity with automation tools and technologies i.e. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Jenkins - considered a plus
• Data Management and Analysis, handling and analyzing scientific and clinical data
• Collaboration and communication, working in multidisciplinary teams and effectively communicating with R&D stakeholders
• Attention to detail and quality orientation to ensure applications are reliable, accurate, and free of errors
• Customer service oriented with ability to address customer pain points and understand the business needs
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with DS colleagues, architects, developers & engineers
• Strong problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and the ability to break down complex problems into manageable components
• Adaptability and learning agility for new technologies, tools, and evolving industry trends (prototyping and iterative development)
Technical/Functional Skills and Knowledge
• Programming skills in both Python and R, any additional language considered a plus
• AWS cloud solution develops and maintain an Amazon AWS-based cloud solution, familiarity with AWS specific automation tools such as AWS CloudFormation
• Data Visualization and Reporting, creating visually appealing and informative data visualizations to present complex information
• Release management of platforms and DevOps architecture
• Developing, debugging, and maintaining code in object-oriented languages and database querying languages (includes coding standards, code review, process build-up and more)
• Domain knowledge to extract features from raw data to improve app performances
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.