Show All Results
Manufacturing Operator 2
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure safety and quality throughout the process following ISO 9001 and cGMP (as required by the product) guidelines. Participates in quality awareness and training sessions.
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Perform routine synthetic processes, assays and/or unit operations, involving stable isotope compounds.
- Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems.
- Accurately follows written procedures, MPR’s, SOP’s and other work instructions.
- Sets up, uses and cleans required equipment, tools and materials and working areas during and after operations.
- Charges solids, liquids and gases to flasks and reactors.
- Performs distillation, filtration, extraction and re-crystallization to purify and isolate product.
- Neutralizes and disposes of waste.
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Monitors chemical reactions using analytical and laboratory equipment and distributed control system.
- Independently complete assigned work.
- Participation in the call-in program including weekend, holiday and after-hours duty
- Contributes to department quality and safety goals.
- Maintain, clean, and keep safe all work areas and equipment.
- Maintain personal protective equipment.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Immediately report any situation that could compromise safety or quality.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
- Participates in incident investigations and safety meetings.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal, inventory cycle counts).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Communicate with coworkers and interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Ability to serve on committees to improve department, site or company performance. Committees may focus on safety, quality, inventory, output, costs, etc.
- Backs up other site colleagues as cross-trained and required based on department needs when those colleagues are out on vacation, sick or as site volume requires assistance.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of industry knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Production Scientist.
Who You Are:
- Associate Degree in any discipline
– OR -
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year experience in a GMP manufacturing, laboratory, warehouse, or packaging role
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Knowledge in SAP or other inventory tracking system
- Skilled in documenting based on Good Documentation Principles (GDP)
- Ability to achieve goals in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Over 3 months previous experience working in industry or hands on involvement in a chemical environment desired.
- Basic math - including metrics and conversions, knowledge of safety rules, mechanical aptitude, eye-hand coordination, communication skills, legible handwriting, mechanical skills, teamwork, problem solving, able to train others, ability to use hand and air tools, pumps, and an electronic scale and to operate material handling equipment, ability to identify problems, ability to read instructions and understand oral and written instructions.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.