Show All Results
Senior Controls System Engineer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Controls Engineer with a focus on automation equipment development, implementation, and validation to join our Mobius Engineering Automation Team in Danvers, MA. Mobius Engineering is focused on the production of single-use biopharmaceuticals assemblies. This position is primarily responsible for providing innovative automated solutions to existing manual processes through collaboration with equipment suppliers and internal colleagues.
- Develop equipment documentation to meet GMP requirements, i.e.: URS, FAT, Equipment IQ/OQ/PQ, PM, SOPs. Perform IQ/OQ/PQ and provide maintenance support on instruments as needed.
- Utilize a strong understanding of PLC programming, Networking, electrical and controls systems to ensure the operability of existing production machines (PLC-Based, Rockwell), and to build the control systems for new machines. The candidate must be able to create PLC programs or make changes to existing programs to accomplish this function.
- Critically review and analyze sub-supplier’s deliverables (Codes, Schematics, and Documentations).
- Create and manage network topology and I/O lists.
- Provide guidance for the safe installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical control systems, including components of machinery and equipment
- Observe all regulatory requirements GMP's, ISO, internal policies. Detailed knowledge of NFPA 79, ISO 13849-1, ANSI-95 is highly preferred.
- Observe and implement Configuration Management Principles to maintain the validated state of existing validated automated manufacturing equipment.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all automation activities (Change control, validation, etc.).
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in any engineering discipline
- 5+ years years of experience in definition, design, development and implementation of production control systems for advanced technology facilities
- PLC Programming, Motion Control and HMI experience (AB PLCs and Rockwell Software products)
- Experience in a commercial medical, biotechnology, Bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of Rockwell Software packages is highly preferred (Transaction Manager, Metrics, AssetCenter, etc.)
- Able to self-direct toward individual milestones as part of team projects with a strong sense of responsibility, urgency, and high energy with a positive behavior.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across disciplines
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.