Show All Results
Packaging Operator 1
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
At MilliporeSigma, the Operator, Packaging I will manually and semi-automatically portion chemicals into containers using safety equipment and following protocols.
- Maintain equipment, tools, and facilities in safe, clean environment
- Maintain records using Good Documentation Principles (GDP) for accountability and procedure traceability
- Perform miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Assemble containers and components for portioning process
- Assemble, disassemble semiautomatic powder or liquid dispensing equipment, and replace worn or disposable parts as necessary
- Check and update mainframe systems and SAP as required
- Restock all materials storage areas
- Compare chemical characteristics to the expected values and appearances
- Formulate and/or condition chemical to consistency and specification
- Portion chemicals into containers under safe production conditions
- Load chemical into dispensing system and conduct calibration and QA tests
- Discard bulk chemical residues, disposable equipment, cleaning materials required by UOP and SDS of chemical
- Process hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals into containers.
- Monitor processing for proper contents and stage for movement to shipping.
- Conduct housekeeping tasks (including disinfection and autoclaving)
- Perform inventory checks throughout the process of materials and products
- Inspect for and document all damaged labels
- Ensure accountability of the accuracy of actions performed
- Hold exemplary attendance and follows adherence to schedule
- Follow-up on inventory shortages
- Follow all quality, safety, and operations training procedures
- Immediately report any situation that could compromise safety or quality
- Label and over pack bottles of chemical for transportation
- Label bottles of hazardous/non-hazardous chemicals
- Move materials into department
- Serve on committees to improve department, site or company performance. Committees may focus on safety, quality, inventory, output, costs, etc.
- Participate in testing and implementation of changes
- Suggest ideas for process improvement
- Pulls samples for customers and/or quality control as required
- Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot all weighing equipment
- Set-up and calibrate equipment for operation and testing to specifications
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, goggles, steel toe shoes, chemical resistant suit, masks, etc…
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 50 lbs
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year experience in a GMP manufacturing, laboratory, warehouse, or packaging role
- Associate Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, etc.)
- Knowledge in SAP or other inventory tracking system
- Skilled in documenting based on Good Documentation Principles (GDP)
- Ability to achieve goals in a fast paced, dynamic environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.