Show All Results
Associate Director, Deputy Local Patient Safety Officer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
New Boston- Seaport location in Summer 2024
As delegated by the Head of Global Patient Safety, US Region Local Patient Safety Officer, this role assumes Deputy functions in the following local affiliate pharmacovigilance (PV) activities where applicable:
- Lead and execute PV operational tasks under the responsibility of the local affiliate
- Manage local affiliate PV department and staff management
- Serve as interim Global Patient Safety representative for the local affiliate in LPSO’s absence
- Maintain and ensure quality and compliance of the Local PV System
- Represent Global Patient Safety as an affiliate representative on local cross-functional teams and activities
- Prepare, manage, follow-up, and actively participate as a subject matter expert in local PV related audits and Health Authority inspections
- Ensure benefit-risk management of all products on the market and under development in the US
- Support the development, manage and execute the REMS strategy for new programs, ensuring proper oversight and documentation of the REMS program activities
- Ensure compliance and oversee that all other applicable core PV activities or processes in the local affiliate are completed in a timely manner with high quality
Location: Billerica, MA & New Seaport location in Summer 2024 Hybrid
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-8 years of experience, or master's degree with 3-6 years of experience or PH.D with 2-5 years of experience.
- Advanced Pharmacovigilance activities
- Pharma industry/health authority (i.e. Clinical Research, Medical or Regulatory affairs)
- Advanced Degree, health care or life sciences
- Ability to lead without authority.
- Strong leadership skills/ People management
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Local operational knowledge further to Local/regional PV regulations is a desirable
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making ability
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks, lead strategic projects, and rapidly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong intercultural and teamworking skills (developed from practical experience)
- Strong project management skills with experience in leading projects critical to the business
- Strategic thinking with excellent ability to interact with stakeholders locally and globally
- Strong ability to interact and influence stakeholders
- In-depth understanding of drug development and life-cycle management performed across different business functions
- In-depth knowledge and comprehension of local PV regulations and requirements, including FDA REMS regulations and guidelines, and awareness of applicable international PV regulatory requirements.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.