Show All Results
Manufacturing Technician 3 - Night Shift
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Technician 3 – Night shift at the Cherokee site is a processor that has proven their abilities to operate consistently with approved manufacturing procedures and documents. They are responsible for safely executing manufacturing processes and ensure the accuracy of documentation within the local quality system. They also work closely with department supervision to ensure daily department operating goals are developed and achieved. Job duties include:
- Rotational 12 – hour Night Shift: Shift hours: 6:00pm – 6:00am, some holidays and every other weekend
- Perform production and sampling operations per approved manufacturing procedures
- Follow equipment setup for manufacturing processes per approved procedures and best practices
- Perform necessary analytical tests and notify technical lead or supervisor of results during a production operation
- Notify technical lead or supervisor for critical in-process decisions based on analytical data
- Properly dispose of waste using department protocols
- Thoroughly document all production activities
- Maintain equipment according to protocols written with departmental procedures & best practices
- Assist in preparation of procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality guidelines
- Develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement, safety, quality, and 5S ideas
- Potential interaction with customers and audit questioning
- Lift and carry up to 80 pounds while wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators, for an extended time
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ months of work experience in manufacturing, maintenance, or construction
- Experience in a chemical processing facility or production environment
- Working knowledge of chemical processing equipment and associated safety requirements
- Associate degree in life science area with applicable experience working in a similar environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in safe processing techniques and pertinent OSHA, EPA, FDA regulations
- Working knowledge of general chemistry, mathematics, and standard computer applications
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (i.e., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.