Show All Results
Packaging Technician 1
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Packaging Operator 1 perform operations starting with material receipt, down filling, and distribution from our facility in Cleveland, Ohio. The Operator is responsible for receipt of materials, packaging products, and shipment of products following established procedures and controls. Deliver high quality products to our customers by precisely adhering to procedures and standards while performing their job duties. Starting pay rate is $21/hour.
- Clearly document activities performed and maintain a clean facility.
- Moves and stages materials, components, and utensils utilizing electric walk behind tow motors and manual pallet jacks.
- Generates records and labels using approved master templates.
- Manually portions chemicals (e.g., amino acids) into containers precisely following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and batch record instructions.
- Samples products for Quality Control (QC) testing.
- Cleans and labels finished good containers.
- Conducts material and product inspections and room clearances.
- Boxes, palletizes, and wraps finished goods.
- Completes documentation (e.g., batch records, logbooks, forms, etc.) following Good Documentation Practices and using ALCOA (accurate, legible, contemporaneous, original, attributable) principles.
- Promptly reports deviations, discrepancies, and abnormalities to management and assists in determining root cause and identifying corrective actions.
- Maintains facility housekeeping by cleaning and disinfecting operating areas at prescribed intervals and per procedure.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies, personal protective equipment (PPE), and utensils.
- Actively participate in a proactive safety culture, identifying hazards, making suggestions for improvement, coaching coworkers on safety, and working incident-free.
- Actively participates in company provided training and performs electronic training within the allocated time.
- Maintains a positive attitude, works well with peers and management level employees, accepts constructive feedback, helps to identify problems and improvements, and has a desire to learn.
- Monday - Thursday 6AM - 4:30PM
- Frequently sitting, standing, walking, using hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- Follow general personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements as established by company policy including a respirator, no perfume/cologne, and nails must be kept and unpainted.
- Lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of work experience
- 1+ year of experience in a labor-intensive role such as construction, manufacturing, or warehousing
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Ability to perform all functions in a safe and timely manner in accordance with OSHA standards and general rules and regulations governing the workplace.
- Troubleshooting skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.