Show All Results
Senior Director Global Head Portfolio Management CM&E, N&I, Fertility
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Senior Director, Global Head of Portfolio Management CM&E, N&I, Fertility
This role is responsible for all aspects of the N&I, CM&E, and Fertility projects portfolio. There are a substantial number of ongoing projects within the portfolio, some 35 likely to come under the jurisdiction of this position at various stages of the life cycle, representing significant investments and/or value creation.
The nature of this role requires the successful candidate to be able to work effectively across a highly matrixed organisation (from Research to Development to Commercial). While they will have direct reports in the day-to-day working environment, this role is all about exerting influence without direct responsibility.
This role is, for the most part, internally facing, having key interactions with senior Research, Development and Commercial Leaders, in Global, Regional and Local organisations, and so requires this person to display significant emotional intelligence, in order to understand the different drivers and priorities that may exist.
However, this person will also need to understand the wider external competitive environment for all current and future assets at whichever stage of their lifecycle they currently sit. They must also be able to advise on business development, licensing and acquisition strategy for potential externally derived asset value creation.
To be successful in this role the new incumbent will need to provide a balanced opinion on all aspects of programs and the overall portfolio and the current and future value each can bring to the organisation. They will essentially be the provider of facts that will facilitate key decision making, particularly on future investments within the portfolio as well as to enable go/no go decisions across the lifecycle.
This person will advise (but not own) on the following portfolio investments.
- The pre-POC assets owned by Development.
- The post-POC assets owned by Development.
- New Business Units, for example the BioElectronics unit.
- LCM assets projects owned by GBFs,
- Major-region-specific (US; Japan; China etc.) sub-sets of the above portfolio assets.
- Licensing (both commercial and global), portfolio divestiture and acquisition
As such key internal interfaces across the organisation will be:
- Healthcare Executive Committee (HEC) Members
- Divisional and Group Strategy
- Finance Controlling
- Investor Relation
- Global Business Franchise Leadership Teams
- Global Business Development
- Research, and Development Management Teams
- Internal expert advisory groups (e.g. External Scientific Affairs)
Key external interfaces will be:
- Pharmaceutical industry portfolio management community
- Best practice and benchmarking pharma and innovation-driven non-pharma industry organizations
- External experts and consultants
More detailed responsibilities include:
- Coordinating content and timing guidance for Divisional Portfolio Revue and Divisional level SD
- Maintaining and refining the divisional-wide tools, templates and processes employed for asset-level analysis
- Ensuring inter-divisional and industry best-practice sharing
- Introducing, coordinating and refining tailored project-level evaluation training programs throughout the Division
- Orchestrating Cross-Divisional Portfolio Calibrations for Divisional Portfolio Revue and SD HEC & GL submissions
- Tracking year-on-year Divisional portfolio value and risk evolution parameters
- Generating input for the R&D Scorecard KPI
- Evaluating and communicating the risk and value trajectory of the Divisional Portfolio to the HEC
- Generating decision support outputs to inform both the GBF Leadership teams and the HEC on potential trade-offs, scenarios and best-fit prioritization scenarios to maximize value and minimize risk
- Integrate external pharmaceutical industry environment external expectations, trends and strategies into the internal decision support parameters
In order the be successful in this role candidates will likely have a background and experience that closely matches the following:
EDUCATION & LANGUAGES
- Advanced degree , (MD/PhD/PharmD or equivalent preferred) and business degree (MBA or equivalent preferred)
- Fluent English both written and verbal with additional relevant languages (e.g. German) an asset
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Successful 10 years track record within industry-leading global financial (investment banking, private equity or pharma fund management) or pharmaceutical organizations and an understanding of Financial evaluation tools and methodology.
- Strong pharmaceutical industry knowledge, either commercial or RD experience is a plus
- Development experience within a pharmaceutical, medtech or biotech company preferred
- Track record working closely with board-level executives and senior expert teams
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills in an expert, senior executive and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent problem representation, solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and influence management skills
- Matrix leadership experience
- Strategic thinking skills
- Project management and organizational skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.