Show All Results
Head of LS Government & Public Affairs South Asia
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
- Reports to Global Head of Government Affairs and Policy. Serves as part of the Asia Pacific region, which includes China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and ASEAN countries.
- Analysis of key policies impacting life science industry and business in the South Asia region, covering India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and parts of ASEAN. Assist in research and drafting of issue briefers and policy advocacy documents, in both English and local language.
- Communicate directly with governments in the Asia-Pacific region to help resolve business issues and implement strategic projects, with a primary focus on India and South Asia.
- Support strategic government-related projects including government partnerships, incentives for new investment projects, resolving regulatory issues and policy advocacy.
- Assist with maintaining relationships with and securing advocacy support from German and US Embassies in the region.
- Interface with local and international trade associations to push forward policy objectives and support business growth.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and business teams on project-based initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, law, business or biology, biotech.
- 8+ years work experience in policy-related field, e.g. corporate government or public affairs, NGOs, trade associations, or other organizations
- Fluent in English and Hindi; excellent communication skills, able to write concisely and logically.
- Experience in another East Asian language a significant plus.
- Experience in government a plus.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.