Show All Results
Scientist- Associate Production - NIGHT SHIFT
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as an Scientist /Associate Production GMP – Night Shift, at our location 3300 South Second/ Cherokee site, you are responsible for the manufacturing of active biopharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) Chemicals and bulk pharmaceuticals regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Associate Scientist is responsible for following manufacturing protocols, consistent with and established according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and ensuring the accuracy of documentation.
- Perform production operations and responsibilities, potentially in the presence of the Customer, and communicate production status to Manufacturing Supervision.
- Provide technical leadership during the manufacturing process.
- Acquire equipment and ensure cleaning protocols are performed and logged.
- Ensure production areas, chemicals, and equipment are staged and ready for production operations.
- Perform necessary analytical tests and evaluate results during the production operation.
- Advise chemical processors for critical, in-process decisions based on analytical results.
- Write and revise Master Manufacturing Formulas.
- Prepare and review Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with FDA and cGMP guidelines.
- Production Shift work includes: 12-hour shifts, night schedules with competitive shift differential, and/or rotating shifts working during various days of the week.
- 12-hour night shift 6pm-6:30am with Two-Week Rotation
- Week 1 (Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday) and Week 2 (Sunday/Wednesday/Thursday)
- Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds while wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators, for an extended time.
- Ability to perform tasks while wearing personal protective equipment such as respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, etc.)
- Associate Degree with 2+ years GMP production experience
- 1+ year GMP experience.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience with customer interaction.
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (e.g., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma).
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.