Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Sr. AWS Data Engineer JD:
The ability to easily find, access, and analyze data across an organization is key for every modern business to be able to efficiently make decisions, optimize processes, and to create new business models.
As a Sr Data Engineer in the Healthcare Digital & Data - Data Governance & Architecture team you will work hands-on to deliver and maintain the pipelines required by the Healthcare business functions to derive value from their data. For this, you will bring data from a varied landscape of source systems into our cloud-based analytics stack and implement necessary cleaning and pre-processing steps in close collaboration with our business customers. Furthermore, you will work closely together with our Data Governance and Quality & Compliance teams to ensure that all data assets are governed according to the FAIR principles. To keep the engineering team scalable, you and your peers will create reusable components, libraries, and infrastructure that will be used to accelerate the pace with which future use-cases can be delivered.
What we offer
You will be part of a team dedicated to delivering state-of-the-art solutions for enabling data analytics use cases across the Healthcare sector of a leading, global Science & Technology company. As such, you will have the unique opportunity to gain insight into our diverse business functions allowing you to expand your skills in various technical, scientific, and business domains. Working in a project-based way covering a multitude of data domains and technological stacks, you will be able to significantly develop your skills and experience as a Data Engineer.
Who you are
- M.Sc./PhD in Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of work experience in a relevant capacity
- Experience in working with cloud environments such as, Hadoop, AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with enforcing security controls and best practices to protect sensitive data within AWS data pipelines, including encryption, access controls, and auditing mechanisms.
- Agile mindset, a spirit of initiative, and desire to work hands-on together with your team
- Interest in solving challenging technical problems and developing the future data architecture that will enable the implementation of innovative data analytics use-cases
- Experience in leading small to medium-sized teams
- Experience in creating architectures for ETL processes for batch as well as streaming ingestion
- Knowledge of designing and validating software stacks for GxP relevant contexts as well as working with PII data
- Familiarity with the data domains covering the Pharma value-chain (e.g. research, clinical, regulatory, manufacturing, supply chain, and commercial)
- Strong, hands-on experience in working with Python, Pyspark & R codebases, proficiency in additional programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Rust, Typescript, Java, …) is expected
- Knowledge of database technologies for OLTP and OLAP workloads and a firm grasp of SQL
- Experience working with Apache Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Working with heterogenous compute environments and multi-platform setups
- Experience in working with cloud environments such as, Hadoop, AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Basic knowledge of Statistics and Machine Learning algorithms is favorable
- This is the respective role description:
- The ability to easily find, access, and analyze data across an organization is key for every modern business to be able to efficiently make decisions, optimize processes, and to create new business models. The Data Architect plays a key role in unlocking this potential by defining and implementing a harmonized data architecture for Healthcare. Together with a team of Data Engineers, the Data Architect is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of reliable data pipelines for the ingestion of data from a heterogenous ecosystem as well as the creation of specialized, cloud-based data processing and analytics stacks. He/she will work hand in hand with our Data Governance team to ensure that all data assets are covered by our governance process. During the process the Data Architect will collaborate closely with our business, corporate functions, as well as out IT organization, in order to gather requirements and shape a global framework of engineering best practices.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.