Show All Results
Associate Architect (Senior Tableau Administrator)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Job Location: Electronic City, Bangalore
We are seeking a dynamic, customer-oriented, experienced Sr. Tableau Administrator who will be responsible for supporting Global Tableau Server with installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance. The individual will be using administrative guidelines and industry best practices to administer our Global Tableau Server. This individual is expected to have Service Delivery and Operational Excellence mindset and leverage many of the existing security postures and resources on the project to ensure the relevant security controls that should added and configured.
This is a hybrid role where the candidate will be tasked with supporting activities, Tableau administration and Maintenance activities as well as involve in new topics which is related to the overall Architecture of Tableau and its Dependencies
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Business Intelligence software development and maintenance with at least 5 years of Tableau experience.
- Perform administrator duties including publishing reports, creating, modifying, or managing server task schedules, monitoring server activity and usage statistics to identify possible performance issues and enhancements
- Expert knowledge of Tableau administration in all the key areas.
- Expert knowledge in Trouble shooting server issues and resolving.
- Expert knowledge in advising good practices to maintain tableau server.
- Expert Knowledge in installing & configuring connectors.
- Manage application users, groups, Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources, Data Connections, and integration with Active Directory.
- Follow SOPs and administration guidelines for server upgrades, backups, patching, performance tuning, and security and administration of the applications
- Should be experienced in setting up of security within the Tableau Server.
- Analysing documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices to provide users with Tableau support
- Perform advanced Tableau server management tasks including clustering, load balancing etc.
- Creates detailed documentation of the implemented activities/processes/procedures eg., SSL/ Security controls required.
- Coordinate Interfacing with other teams involved eg., Network, IAM, Security, Application owners of Source systems (e.g., SAP, Snowflake, etc) compliance individuals and ensuring the project’s security controls are properly documented.
- Expert in identify any problems in the system, anticipate potential issues and resolve the issues.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving abilities, and Strength in understanding and analysing requirements to deliver solutions within the Tableau platform.
- Will be looked upon as the specialists in charge of interacting with business stakeholders, addressing their business requirements and providing the necessary support.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, data modelling, the development of dashboards and report design concepts.
- Must have advanced SQL skills, a strong understanding of relational and dimensional data.
- Ability to schedule and maintain data refreshes and dashboard refreshes where Extract connections are used.
- Must have strong knowledge on Perform performance analysis, tuning of existing Tableau dashboards and make provide solution based on Best Practice recommendations.
- Ability to source data from various data sources like Oracle, SAP HANA database, Cloud data sources and files using Live and Extract connections.
- Nice to have data modelling experience including best practices and impact analysis.
- Nice have data validation experience in DB level and Reporting level.
- Expert knowledge in Tableau Server Administration
- Tableau Server Certification is a Plus
- System Administration (server maintenance/Upgrades/patches).
- Good understanding of High Availability clustered environment.
- Disaster recovery system set up.
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements
- Performance tuning / Server management of tableau server environment (clustering, Load balancing).
- Very good understanding of desktop rollout’s / Citrix Installations.
- Solid Understanding of External File store / Snapshot mechanism based on the Server management Add-on.
- Develop and document standards/best practices for development and administration of the Tableau platform.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (SQL Server - required, Oracle).
- Very good understanding of development of workbooks and dashboards to support business initiatives is a Plus.
- Understanding of Change management and Release Management.
- Work closely with technical architects to ensure optimal application loads for diverse data sources database/warehouse design to support reporting requirements.
- Understanding of Design Auditor
- Understanding of Tableau Technology roadmap e.g. Tableau Cloud, CRM Analytics, SFDC integration is a plus
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration, monitoring, maintenance, and security of the Tableau Platform.
- Experience in Tableau scripting TSM Commands.
- Good Experience in RCA for service disruptions on the platform and digging into the Logs.
- Strong Knowledge in BI tools including ETL, Data Warehousing, other BI tools.
- Ability to architect a stable Tableau solution guaranteed for high operational availability.
- Expertise in Tableau platform sizing, troubleshooting, tuning & disaster recovery.
- External File store / Snapshot mechanism based on the Server management Add-on
- Must demonstrate ability to analyse medium to large, complex, or vague Business or Technical problem and translate analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Experience in driving out requirements and building documentation process.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Ability to work with both business and technology Customer.
Register now to our new Talent Zone! It is a great way to stay connected, learn more about our company, career opportunities and events!
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.