Show All Results
Head of Transition and Transformation Portfolio (all genders)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The holder of this position is accountable and responsible for leading a global team of program and project managers, managing the total MBS project portfolio aiming at implementation of the MBS (Merck Business Services) strategic roadmap. Defines and applies portfolio and project management methodology, best practices and standards
- Drives continuous PM improvements across GBS via standardization, end2end optimization, lean, advanced technologies and digitalization.
- Monitors the competing constraints of scope, schedule, budget, quality, resources and risk
- Provides a consultative role to projects and or programs by supplying templates, best practices, training, access to information and lessons learnt from other projects
- Provides project / program management and MBS leadership with regular performance status, variances to plan and identification of areas for corrective actions
- Coordinating communication across projects
- Monitors compliance to project management standards, policies, procedures and templates and ensures compliance to corporate policies/rules/procedures
- Provision of specialist Project Management activities and managerial control
- Set-up program and portfolio support office (incl. organization, staff, processes and procedures)
- Leads program support activities within multiple medium or large or single extra large engagement teams.
- Accountable and responsible for execution of project support processes on a global scale
- Provides vision & strategy of PM and PMO related activities
- Leads GETOn process and program including MBS intake funnel management, stakeholder engagement, scoping, technical validation, sign off and transitioning activities to MBS locations
- This role is accountable and responsible for leading and managing the total MBS project portfolio aiming at implementation of the MBS strategic roadmap.
- The role involves a very high degree of senior leadership and stakeholder management activities and acts as key interface/contact to MBS service delivery organization & heads as well as Merck Group Accounting and Merck Business Sectors
- At least 10 years of experience setting up and leading global teams with major global portfolios, programs and projects aimed at implementation of significant strategic initiatives
- At least 5 years of experience working in diverse international teams demonstrating success in positions involving interactions with multiple departments and external parties
- Extensive experience in various project management methods (e.g., AGILE/SCRUM, PMBOK)
- Significant experience in GBS environment
- Significant experience working with stakeholders from various functions at country, regional and global levels
- Significant experience in lean, daily management and problem solving
- Significant experience leading global PM teams.
- Excellent Process Excellence Skills (Performance Management, Continuous Improvement)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills incl. business partnering
- Excellent communication, change management and influencing skills
- Result oriented and team player
- Strong people leadership skills
- Strong intercultural & virtual team management skills
- Strong portfolio and project management skills
- Strong customer experience orientation
- Strong knowledge of GBS global trends and benchmarks
- Very good understanding of HR, Finance, Procurement and IT processes and impact
- Fluent in English language
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.