Show All Results
Head of Biotech
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Head of Biotech is responsible for the entire business portfolio of Fertility, Endocrinology and Oncology. A Business Unit Head primary responsibility is to ensure we meet business goals and profitability that contribute to the overall success of the company. The position has a broad range of responsibilities: From analyzing market trends, mentoring and to create and implement strategies to reach targets by developing, growing, and ensuring profitability of the business unit. They are responsible for exercising direct supervision of all direct reports. Also, they are responsible for Pharma Sales Force effectiveness and ensure an Information Driven directions through the market research team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Incorporate and adhere to Policies and Procedures as well as the same for the team
- Manages, directs, and supervises the business unit to ensure that both sales and marketing continue to operate harmoniously and meet the business unit’s overall objectives.
- Maximizes profitability and optimizes available resources.
- Formulates, analyzes, develops, and recommends other business opportunities in building the business.
- Trains, develops, and enhances work potentials of all direct reports.
- Ensures that proper & effective Sales Force initiatives are developed and implemented as key learning solutions relevant to each Business Units.
- Develops, formulates, and presents to President and Managing Director long term plan/s of action, strategies, and financial forecasts for approval.
- Present and submits monthly business reports with corresponding analysis.
- Monitors and recommends new business opportunities. for new product launches through company Global portfolio, in-licensing of brands.
- Coordinates/interacts/discusses, negotiates, and prepares plans with other business partners i.e. ZPC, Sub-distributors and other providers to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Manages market intelligence in differentiating the company’s sales force against key competitors through audit data and secondary sources. Also, develops concrete framework in improving productivity and overall efficiency of the field force.
- Ensures that a high-level market research strategy is established and maintained to determine general direction/industry trends and identify opportunities for market intelligence to bring benefits to the company’s business.
- To recognize a reportable Adverse Event (AE) or safety information and ensure that the necessary information is forwarded to the Local Pharmacovigilance Responsible Person (LPVR) in the company within 24 hours.
- Performs other functions that may be assigned/required from time to time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abide by and perform to the best of his/her abilities all functions, duties and responsibilities to be assigned by the Employer in due course.
- Comply with the orders and instructions given from time to time by the Employer through its authorized representatives.
- Shall not disclose any confidential information in respect of the affairs of the Employer to any unauthorized person.
- Perform any other administrative or non-administrative duties as assigned by any representative of the Employer from time to time either through direct written order or by oral assignment.
Patients Safety/Pharmacovigilance (PV):
- To recognize a reportable Adverse Event (AE) or safety information and ensuring the necessary information is forwarded according to the company procedures.
- Ensures that all reports received or collected regarding any adverse drug reaction, adverse event or safety information on patient(s) using our company's pharmaceutical products are transmitted immediately to the company’s Local Drug Safety Officer (LDSO) and/or the Deputy Local Drug Safety Officer (Deputy LDSO) to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and for the proper safety evaluation of our products.
- On handling customer complaint, the employee must obtain and compile the information regarding a received complaint and to transfer the information to the local complaint manager.
- Comply with the company Environment, Health, Safety and Security policies and procedures relevant to your position.
- The highest standards vis-à-vis compliance are expected
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations issued by the relevant government regulatory agencies.
- Abide by the company Code of Conduct and all other policies relevant to your position, including but not limited to the Anti-Corruption and the Anti-Trust Policies.
- General Manager, company Healthcare Philippines
- Regional Business Leads
- Senior Leadership Team
- Medical Affairs Team
- Cross functional team (SNO, Regulatory, Market Access, Compliance, Legal, Quality, etc.)
- Business Partners (i.e. Zuellig, Sub-distributors, Hospitals, Customers)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Post-graduate degree preferred
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive sales and marketing experience
- speak and write effectively
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages
Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral form.
- At least 5 years related experience in a Pharma company
Personal skills & competencies:
- Proven ability to motivate teams to achieve high standards and accomplish set outcomes
- Must have above-average leadership skills,
- Understanding and meeting the needs of all customers as well as addressing the concerns of organization stakeholders
- Must have above-average leadership skill, above-average know-how in computers, particularly MS Office-Excel, Word and PowerPoint
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.