Show All Results
Process Development Scientist 2
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is looking for a Process Development Scientist to join the Technical and Scientific Solutions team in the Mid-Atlantic Region based either in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, or Virginia. The Process Development Scientist is part of a worldwide team of engineers and scientists reporting into the technical support group for MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions business. Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively pursuing and performing process development studies for the purification of therapeutic proteins using MilliporeSigma technologies such as sterile, depth, tangential flow and virus filtration and chromatography.
- Involvement in filter selection and sizing, process optimization, and technology transfer activities associated with the purification of new pharmaceuticals
- Provide consultation to customers through email or teleconference calls.
- Collaborate and work with customer process development groups in the Midwest region.
- Work collaboratively with a team of local MilliporeSigma account managers to provide technical expertise to local customers.
- Adequately document customer interfacing activities.
- Communicate and work effectively in cross-functional teams, influence technical approaches, and support strategy execution.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or other life science discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical development or technology implementation.
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or other life science discipline.
- Sound understanding of upstream and/or downstream biomanufacturing process requirements, best practices, and industry standards.
- Ability to identify thought leadership opportunities and execute through lunch & learns, publications, presentations, etc. with a focus on customer collaboration.
- Ability to cope with change, shift gears quickly, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Ability to build effective relationships; both internally and externally.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently in a field-based position.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively to diverse audiences through both written and oral communications
- Ability to produce quality written experimental reports and other appropriate documentation.
- Exceptional hands-on laboratory, analytical, and technology skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.