Show All Results
Leak Test Technician
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Leak Test Tech will perform receiving visual and dimensional measurement inspection of raw material components. Helium leak testing and gas purity analysis of equipment manufactured by SEMC Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing Center is also required. This job includes activities such as helium leak testing, related troubleshooting, repair/inspection of components, and gas purity certification of components and final assemblies.
This classification requires working knowledge and safe use of hand tools including wrenches, sockets, crimp tools, volt ohm meters, micrometers, gauges, jigs and fixtures are necessary to perform the duties of this classification. This classification requires inspection and general tool maintenance. Mass spectrometer and gas purity analyzer knowledge, computer use, email, Microsoft Office and SAP experience is preferred.
The position requires the employee to work within a clean area and cleanroom work environment. In the cleanroom the employee will wear a cleanroom hair cover, face cover, cleanroom smock with Latex or Nitrile gloves.
Physical Attributes: Sit, stand, twist and climb.
Who You Are:
- Highschool diploma
- 1+ year(s) experience welding, electrical wiring and/or assembling
- Self starting, motivated individual with good written and communication skills that will work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment while following safety and process controls.
- Team and individual work must be completed while learning new equipment assembly and integrating continuous improvement.
- Interpret and follow written and verbal work instructions, mechanical and electrical schematics and engineering mechanical and point to point wiring drawings.
- Electrical and wiring experience.
- Gas purity analysis and leak testing 300 PSI work and requires lifting up to 40 lbs. 5 times per day and transferring this weight to a cart either at the same level or down at knee height.
- Hand pinch grip twisting movement to open and close manual valves 35 inch-lbs force and regulators 40 to 50 times per day along with tightening mechanical connections using wrenches up to 40 foot lbs 20 to 30 times per day.
- Receiving inspection requires lifting boxes up to 50 lbs from floor height to a rack that is knee height up to shoulder height.
- Boxes are 10 to 30 lbs and require lifting 20 to 30 times per 8 hour shift.
- Push or pull metal boxes on wheels that easy roll 200 lbs. 10% of time.
- 1-2 hours of intermittent computer work while seated.
- Climb and descend 4 to 5 steps during gas purity analysis 20 to 30 times per day.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.