Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the provision of legal-related counseling and advice to the Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics business sectors and all operating entities in India.
- Support of contracting (including commercial, research, and procurement-related contracting), market access, commercial, medical, and research activities in the country as well as digital and other initiatives and projects.
- Provide timely, added-value, and risk-based business support and counseling to internal business stakeholders on relevant and critical Legal, Compliance, and Data Privacy matters, like e.g., projects and business initiatives, web shops, marketing activities, launches, integration management etc.
- As a company secretary of the assigned entities, handle all secretarial compliances and ensure smooth conducting of the board meeting, general meetings, filing of returns, forms, closure of yeard end compliances including the closure of books, annual reports etc.
- Implement the global Compliance Management System (CMS) and Data Privacy Management System (DPMS) in your area of responsibility considering necessary local specifics like local industry norms, local laws, and codes. Key deliverables amongst others: Conducting risk assessments, performing compliance forums regularly, conducting critical compliance training, RoPA, Data Privacy assessments, Data Privacy reporting to local management, handling of data subject requests, holding defined critical Data Privacy trainings, etc.
- Take appropriate measures to foster strong Compliance and Data Privacy awareness in the area of responsibility by (i) conducting investigations in collaboration with the Compliance Center of Expertise (CoE) Case Management team; and (ii) handling possible data breaches in collaboration with the Group Data Privacy Officer and CoE Data Privacy team.
- Conduct educational and training programs that focus on the elements of the Legal, CMS, and DPMS to create awareness of Legal, Compliance, and Data Privacy standards. Maintain Compliance and Data Privacy awareness through ongoing communication programs and initiatives.
- Support the Compliance and Data Privacy CoEs with best practice sharing and keeping oneself up to date with Compliance and Data Privacy trends.
- Assist with fostering and implementing relevant legal, compliance, and data privacy strategies and initiatives, as well as applicable policies and procedures, local industry norms, local laws, and codes.
- Review global documents to develop, update, and/or implement relevant local legal, compliance, and data privacy rules, standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with global standards and local laws and codes on a periodical basis.
- Interacting closely with other colleagues in the Global and APAC LE Teams and fostering collaboration across sectors.
- Proactive identification and management of legal risks in India and together with the relevant global teams as well as claims and litigations.
- Taking on ad hoc projects as assigned.
Education / Work Experience
- CS and Law degree with at least 5 years experience in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Electronics sector, preferably in a large law firm or the legal or compliance department of an international Healthcare. Life Sciences and Electronics company.
- Familiar with data privacy legislation in India;
- Experienced in creating and/or implementing Compliance and Data Privacy Programs in a multinational setting;
- Knowledge of anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and regulations, knowledge of anti-money laundering will be a plus;
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across a diverse, highly-matrixed organization;
- Ability to think strategically, lead multiple initiatives simultaneously, and to work independently;
- Experience with an international environment and ability to work in different cultures.
- Comfortable working and interacting with all levels of management including senior management.
- Well-balanced business counsel. Influencer.
- Open, energetic, self-starter, pragmatic, ability to act under pressure.
- Excellent organizational, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Good oral and written English.
Register now to our new Talent Zone! It is a great way to stay connected, learn more about our company, career opportunities and events!
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.