Show All Results
Warehouse Lead - 1st Shift
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has a new opening as a Warehouse Lead at the DeKalb site. Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor, you will develop, coordinate, and participate in daily Materials Management Supply Chain operations. Job duties include:
- Shift: 1st shift Monday – Friday 7am – 3:30pm
- Serve as a lead over an assigned warehouse function
- Train and provide lead work direction and guidance to assigned staff
- Prioritize work assignments and participate in the pre-hiring and screening of new applicants
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, and reach trucks
- Operate inventory management programs at an advance level and assigned software to input data and generate reports
- Oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing and issuing of supplies, equipment and chemicals and assure delivery in a timely manner
- Prepare, maintain and submit a variety of inventory records and reports related to warehouse operations
- Maintain warehouse operations in a clean, orderly, safe and secure condition
- Represent the warehouse operation by interacting with internal and external customers and auditors
- Make recommendations regarding proper storage, inventory management and warehousing procedures and improvements to improve warehouse efficiency
- Serve as the Warehouse Supervisor in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor as assigned
- Travel between warehouse operations
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses, nitrile gloves, lab coat
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working with SAP and/or SAP Next or any warehouse management system
- 3+ years of experience working Microsoft applications: Excel, Teams, Access and Outlook
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Good leadership skills and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of warehousing and inventory processes
- Ability to guide employees in these processes and to troubleshoot the systems
- Strong math skills including unit of measure conversion
- OSHA approved forklift training
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.