Show All Results
Head of Communications-BioPharma, korea
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Position Overview: As the Head of Communications for the group’s Healthcare business in Korea you will play a pivotal role in leading our communications efforts, both internal and external. You will have the unique opportunity to shape and enhance the group's reputation within the Korean market, focusing on collaboration, employee engagement and reputation management. In this role, you will be acting as the country liaison with Regional and Global Communications teams, ensuring cross-functional alignment.
- Be a trusted strategic advisor for the country General Manager / Managing Director to partner and drive communications and strategic narrative for positioning Korea internally and externally.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for both internal and external audiences, in alignment with the global communications strategy.
- Lead corporate and healthcare communications in Korea, ensuring that all communications add value to the business.
- Efficiently manage vendor relationships including PR agencies to enhance communication efforts and ensure quality service delivery.
- Ensure that the value of communications is measured, and closely aligned with the business' needs and global communications priorities.
- Apply a deep understanding of the business landscape to shape communication strategies that align with corporate goals.
- Employ a forward-thinking approach to communication, staying ahead of industry trends and challenges.
- Effectively manage the communication budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources and adherence to allocated financial budgets while optimizing the impact of communication initiatives.
Effective Crisis Communication:
- Lead crisis communication efforts and act as the point of contact for crisis communication, ensuring swift and empathetic responses in challenging situations.
- Manage media relations, including both general media and healthcare industry media.
- Handle proactive communication with targeted audiences, ensuring that media relations are a strong point of focus.
- Develop and execute a strategic social media strategy to boost the group's presence in the digital landscape.
- Foster a strong presence on social media platforms, maintaining a positive public image and engaging with the audience effectively.
- Collaborate with global social media teams to leverage social media channels for real-time communication during crises and to address any unforeseen challenges promptly.
- 6-15 years of experience in corporate/agency communications.
- Substantial experience in healthcare communications, including product PR, internal and external communications, and digital channel management.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent writing skills in both Korean and English.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking as well as the ability to address evolving communication needs and stay at the forefront of industry trends.
- Media relations and social media experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute results-oriented communication strategies that are aligned with business objectives, with a strong sense of ownership and results orientation.
- Experience coordinating with suppliers and agencies.
- Agility to work on simultaneous projects and to work with diverse teams outside communication.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, work independently under pressure, handle ad hoc situations, and manage multiple priorities.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, take ownership, possess a growth mindset, and have the ambition to constantly raise the bar.
•여러분이 찾고 계시는 채용 포지션이 없으신가요? 그렇다면 인재풀(클릭)에 여러분의 이력서를 등록해주세요! 향후 인력 수요가 있을 경우 최우선으로 안내드리겠습니다.
•지원 순으로 전형이 진행되며, 적합한 후보자 발견 시 채용이 바로 마감되오니 지원의사가 있으신 분들은 빠른 지원 바랍니다.
•서버 안정성을 위해, 인터넷 익스플로러가 아닌 구글크롬, 혹은 마이크로소프트 엣지를 통한 지원 바랍니다.
•보훈대상자 및 취업보호대상자는 관련법에 의거하여 우대합니다.
•지원서의 기재사항이 사실과 다른 것으로 확인되거나 Reference from previous employer 상에 채용상의 결격사유가 확인될 경우 합격 또는 채용이 취소될 수 있습니다.
•(The company reserves the right to withdraw the offer, it if discovers subsequently that a candidate has given false information in application or has provided false or fraudulent documentation in support of his/her application. The offer is conditional upon satisfactory results of reference checks.)
•"머크 코리아 채용" 카카오톡 페이지와 친구를 맺어 최신 채용 소식을 받아보세요! (카카오톡에 '머크 코리아 채용'검색 후 친구추가)
•머크 채용팀의 커리어 챗에 참여하세요! 2024년 1/31~2/2, 3일간 진행되는 세미콘 코리아에서 진행됩니다. (자세한 내용 보기 : 클릭)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.