Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As the Administrative Assistant you will provide critical support to this growing distribution site within the Life Sciences division. You will be the first point of contact for the operation and primary source for ordering materials and supplies, processing paperwork and preparing daily reports for management.
This is an exciting role in which you will perform many different functions. You’ll develop broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in organizational policies, procedures, and practices while assisting with the development and maintaining of site documentation. You will aide employees, visitors, and vendors as needed and assist on various projects. You will work independently, primarily in the office area. And, at times, you may work in collaboration with supervision and employees within the warehouse setting.
- Manage the front office areas for a dual building location
- Handle and upkeep all necessary paper files
- Use the corporate document management system to assist with writing, maintaining, and retrieval of local SOP’s and forms
- Use SAP, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access to prepare daily reporting for management
- Assist with current onboarding procedures of new personnel
- Utilize SAP and corporate vendor sites to purchase supplies and maintain inventories for certain building supplies
- Work with vendors and site management to coordinate services
- Handle any incoming phone calls and greet visitors and vendors
- Assist with safety onboarding of vendors working on site
- Assist employees as needed
- Assist with process improvement initiatives and other projects as needed
- Occasionally lift, push or pull up to 50lbs
- Enter the warehouse frequently while wearing correct PPE (gloves, best, safety toe shoes)
Who you are
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of administrative professional experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity with Microsoft Access
- Strong mathematical ability
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Exemplary attendance
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
- Capability to use discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to prioritize workload and flexibility to work on various assignments
- Ability to work independently, as well as partnering and team collaboration with management and warehouse staff
- Ability to think critically and provide attention to detail and follow-through
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.