Show All Results
Opinion Leader Liaison - Oncology - Central North
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join EMD Serono.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Create and maintain accurate and detailed KOL and key stakeholder lists, engagement strategy and action plans to contribute to launch execution in all applicable indications
- Work closely with the Marketing and broader Commercial team for immuno-oncology to ensure alignment on the translation of strategy into effective programs and tools, including leading the awareness and positioning of disease and available treatments
- Partner with key functions across disciplines to develop fully integrated Opinion Leader and Key Stakeholder plans to maximize the performance of the BAVENCIO brand.
- Gather insights to advance brand strategies and deliver business results
- Contribute to the development of marketing/commercial strategies and tactics directed towards national, regional, and institutional pathways, where applicable
- Lead/assist in the design, recruitment, and execution of advisory boards
- Lead the identification and recruitment of speakers in collaboration with field sales, lead and/or assist in the speaker training process, liaising with appropriate stakeholders in both legal, compliance, and medical, and partnering with internal operations on speaker program execution
- Manage the long-term relationship with EMD Serono Speakers, including ongoing training, and facilitate collaborations between KOLs/key external stakeholders and internal colleagues, as needed
- In collaboration with the brand team, develop and implement national congress strategy with a particular focus on recruiting, organizing, and moderating the meetings and discussions with KOLs to advance business objectives
- Serve as lead for certain agency/vendor relationships relating to KOL Management initiatives/deliverables (KOL Mapping, Peer-to-Peer forums, and external congress leads, such as OncLive)
- Create metrics to track impact of KOL/Stakeholder interactions (incl. satisfaction with their relationship with the company), and congress engagements
- Develop clear and fully aligned KPI measurement linked to national- and local-level plans, based on a thorough understanding of market dynamics, competitive landscape and future trends and opportunity assessment
- Ensure success of EMD-Pfizer global alliance by contributing directly in the interactions with peers from alliance partners
- Provide inspirational leadership, without traditional authority, and focus to assure delivery of key objectives in a highly dynamic environment
- Ensure all promotion tactics adhere to regulations, requirements and all other relevant federal, state, local, country and international laws and internal operating procedures and branding guidelines
- Manage the development and execution of materials required for meetings with KOLs, including advisory boards, advocacy groups and professional societies
- Oversee and have full accountability for budget associated with activities/events implemented
- Drive the values of the EMD Serono culture and support the vision for the immuno-oncology business
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 7+ years of pharmaceutical experience in U.S. Oncology Brand Sales and Marketing
- Minimum of 10 years U.S. experience in marketing, new product launch, customer engagement or business development in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
- Experience in the oncology therapeutic area a must
- Proven successful track record of strategy execution and relationship building with external stakeholders, while extracting insights that are relevant for the business strategies and ongoing plans
- Strong communication skills and an ability to translate complex information into succinct and impactful messages
- Demonstrated ability to prepare for and lead elements of a new product launch with multiple filings and indications
- Strong scientific acumen combined with the ability to lead through an in-depth understanding of the market, including expert knowledge of EMD inline brands as well as broader competitive landscape
- Successful design and implementation of strategies with an ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to navigate through complex challenges, overcoming areas of ambiguity and delivering well thought-out solutions to seize opportunities
- Ability to present to all levels of the organizations to individuals and groups as well as respond succinctly and clearly to any questions and challenges while presenting
- Ability to effectively access, interact with, and influence various internal and external audiences as needed to support strategic initiatives, goals and objectives
- Proven ability to effectively and successfully work with external partners
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing strategic internal relationships and stakeholders
- Strong ability to effectively “connect the dots” to align strategic interests between KOL’s and other relevant functions within the organization (e.g. medical, advocacy, global)
- Expert level understanding of the commercial aspects of the business
- Expert knowledge of guidelines under which pharmaceutical companies operate (i.e., FDA, PhRMA, OIG, etc.)x3
- Ability to remain focused and purposeful in the presence of shifting priorities and strategies in timely response to the business climate
- Dynamic personality with ability to lead without traditional authority
- Motivated by results, urgency, and personal commitment
- Eager and enthusiastic to serve as the face of EMD Serono to KOL’s in the Oncology space
- Possess high integrity and exceptional work ethic with ability to foster mutual trust and respect
- High achiever who thrives in high risk/high reward environment
- Eager to have a strong impact within the organization
- Possesses a high level of ethical standards
- Ability to strategically influence people across functions and cultures, with a high-level of emotional intelligence
- Culturally savvy and ability to navigate the matrix of the global organization
- 50-60% domestic travel within the U.S., including weekend conferences/congresses
- Ideal to reside close to major airport
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Multilingual a plus
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.