Show All Results
Head of Biology R&D Innovation, Strategy, Portfolio Management
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Your Role As the Head of R&D Innovation, Strategy and Portfolio management (ISPM) at MilliporeSigma, you will be responsible for spearheading innovation initiatives and fostering a culture of creativity and collaboration in and out of the Biology organization. You will lead the effort to drive roadmap strategies, while balance portfolio, resourcing and budget. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate, and develop innovative life science solutions.
- Innovation Strategy: Develop and execute a strategic innovation roadmap aligned with the company's objectives in the life sciences sector. Develop and execute a strategic roadmap for scouting, sourcing, and evaluating potential innovations.
- Project Leadership: Support innovation projects from concept to execution, ensuring that they align with the company's vision and values.
- Application development: Drive application programs to support all Franchise and Biology portfolio. Lead effort to provide Commercial and customer data and technical marketing support
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with research, development, engineering, Operations, Marketing, Business Development, as well as Commercial organizations to translate innovative concepts into actionable projects.
- Resource Allocation: Ensure proper R&D resource allocation to support innovation projects, including budgeting and personnel.
- Prototype Development: Oversee the development of prototypes and proofs of concept for innovative life science solutions.
- Market Analysis: Support analysis on market trends, competitive landscapes, and industry dynamics to inform innovation strategies.
- Idea Generation and Evaluation: Stay updated on emerging trends, breakthroughs, and competitive developments in the life sciences field. Assess the feasibility and market potential of innovative life science concepts, providing recommendations for investment or further development.
- Communication: Provide regular updates and reports to senior leadership on the progress of innovation projects, resource allocation, and potential risks.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of innovators, fostering a collaborative and creative work environment.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that innovative projects meet quality and compliance standards within the life sciences industry.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate risks associated with innovation projects and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Portfolio Management: Manage the life science Biology R&D portfolio, including prioritization, resource allocation, and tracking project progress.
- Strategic Support: Collaborate with the R&D Managers to develop and execute strategic plans for the R&D department. Assist in setting objectives and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Communication: Facilitate effective communication within the R&D department and across cross-functional teams. Prepare and disseminate regular status updates and reports.
- Stakeholder Liaison: Act as a liaison between the R&D Managers and senior leadership, external partners, and other stakeholders. Represent the R&D Managers in their absence.
- Strategic Initiatives: Lead or contribute to special projects and initiatives aimed at improving R&D operations and productivity.
- Collaborate with external partners, including academic institutions, startups, and industry players, to establish research collaborations and technology transfer agreements.
- Stay updated on emerging trends, breakthroughs, and competitive developments in the life sciences field.
- Assess intellectual property landscapes and evaluate licensing opportunities for innovative life science technologies.
This role may be filled in either of our locations in Temecula, CA; Burlington, MA; or St. Louis, MO.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in a relevant life science field, such as Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Genetics, Multi-omics studies or related life science field.
- Track record in leading and aligning on strategic technology roadmap leading to short and long term visions
- Ability to develop and execute a strategic roadmap for scouting, sourcing, and evaluating potential innovations.
- Demonstrated success in monitoring emerging trends, breakthroughs, and competitive developments in the life sciences field to drive innovation and technology roadmap
- Ability to collaborate with IP org to survey intellectual property landscapes and evaluate licensing opportunities for innovative life science technologies.
- Track record on developing and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to assess the effectiveness of innovation scouting and evaluation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the commercialization of innovative life science products
- Ability to effectively operate and navigate in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team in the identification and assessment of innovative life science products and technologies.
- Track record of managing the research budget, allocate resources, and prioritize projects for efficient innovation identification.
- Track record of successfully identifying and integrating innovative life science products and technologies into research or commercialization pipelines.
- Proficiency in navigating legal and regulatory aspects related to intellectual property, compliance, and licensing. Familiarity with patent landscape analysis and evaluation of market dynamics in the life sciences sector.
- Strong understanding of life science commercialization strategies, including partnerships and technology transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to generate comprehensive reports and presentations on prospective innovations for senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Ability to promote a culture of innovation within the team, fostering creativity and cross-functional collaboration.
- Advanced proficiency in managing and balancing R&D portfolio, resourcing, and budget
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.