Show All Results
Head of Biology R&D Protein Pathways & Antibodies
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Your Role: As the Head of Protein Pathway and Antibody (PPA) R&D at MilliporeSigma, your crucial role will be leading and directing the development of cutting-edge assays for research applications, in particular related to the fields of biomarker analysis and protein detection platforms. Your expertise in understanding new tech trends and evaluating, developing, and commercializing new technologies will be paramount. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing strong leadership, coaching, and mentorship to a team of talented product development scientists.
- Technical Leadership: Support product development within the fields of biomarker analysis and protein detection platforms, with a forward-thinking approach to anticipate and address future needs in multi-omic platforms.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of assay developers and scientists, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment. Provide guidance, professional development, and performance management.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute a strategic R&D roadmap for assay development aligned with company goals in the life sciences sector.
- Product Development: Support assay development projects from conception to completion, ensuring on-time, within scope, and within budget execution.
- Assay Design: Lead the design, optimization, and validation of complex assays to meet desired performance and quality criteria.
- Innovation: Identify and incorporate new technologies and methodologies to enhance assay development processes, driving innovation.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with product development, regulatory affairs, and marketing teams to align assay development activities with strategies and requirements.
- Quality Assurance: Establish and maintain quality control processes and standards for assay development, ensuring the delivery of high-quality life science solutions.
- Resource Allocation: Efficiently allocate and optimize resource utilization to meet project demands.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the R&D budget, monitoring expenses and cost control.
- Reporting: Provide regular status updates and reports to senior leadership on project progress, resource allocation, and risk assessments.
- Market Analysis: Stay current with emerging trends, technologies, and competitive developments in assay development, applying this knowledge to guide research strategies.
This role may be filled in either of our locations in Temecula, CA; Burlington, MA; or St. Louis, MO.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in a relevant life science field, including Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology.
- Proven track record in product development within the fields of biomarker analysis and protein detection platforms, with a forward-thinking approach to anticipate and address future needs in multi-omic platforms.
- Extensive experience leading highly matrixed cross-functional teams in developing and delivering innovative life science products and technologies.
- Extensive experience in research, technology scouting, and innovation management within the life sciences.
- Strong understanding of life science commercialization strategies, including partnerships and technology transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to manage product development program budgets, resource allocation, and prioritization for successful product launches.
- Ability to monitor and measure the impact of innovations on research and business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the commercialization of innovative life science products and technologies through strategic agreements and partnerships.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.