Show All Results
Manager, Process Engineering
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Manager, Process Engineering US is part of the ISCO E&T’s Global Process Engineering organization and leads the US team of discipline engineers who support CAPEX projects and ongoing operations improvement in their region. The role oversees the development and delivery of engineering solutions from concept to execution and commissioning.
- Lead a local team of process engineering resources to support ISCO E&T’s regional project execution requirements in the United States as well as evaluating, designing, and configuring chemical processes and control systems for local plant manufacturing.
Plant Process Engineering:
- Work with Production, Maintenance, Project Engineering, Process Development, QC, and QA to ensure existing manufacturing processes remain in control.
- Support the design of new and improve existing systems to meet customer expectations and help deliver business objectives.
- Support automation and digitalization efforts in the increased use of DCS and other control systems for improved process control, operator efficiency, risk reduction, safety and environmental improvement.
- Provide operational support ranging from advice and mentoring to hands-on support if and when appropriate.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem solving when production issues arise.
- Oversee processes, standards and quality, external service providers and contractors in execution of process engineering to stay in budget and time. Coordinate tender assessment, vendor selection, consultant partner development, design management (Concept / Basic / Detailed)
- Ensure safe and complaint project execution and integrations of sustainability measures into investment initiatives by following corporate and departmental safety practices and policies.
- Act as local/regional point of contact for escalations from internal or external stakeholders
- Act as the local representative of Global Process Engieering and be an active part of the global technology network
- Provide discipline specific technical input and adequacy assessment of investment proposals for Regional Capex Approval processes and endorse / reject Capex approval submissions as required for region.
Large Capex Approval:
- Provide technical peer review and technical statements for projects outside of own area of direct responsibility as required.
Standards and Processes:
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, good engineering practices and quality standards.
- Work with other disciplines and functions, Global Process Engineering and PMO to develop and refine project execution processes and procedures, regional and global engineering standards
- Ensure enablement and rigorous application of Capex playbook, FEL process, and compliance with all applicable project execution processes and procedures
- Excellence in Process Engineering constitutes a competitive advantage for Merck LS. The Process Engineering function develops, maintains and retains specialist level knowhow that allows ISCO to shape its value creating asset base to meet current and future demands.
- Work with and engage Global Process & Technology and OpEx resources to identify most appropriate technology solutions for new investments on core transformation.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering discipline.
- 5+ years in leading project execution role. Proven experience leading the development and delivery of capital investment projects in operations / supply chain environment.
- 3+ years experience in line management of multi-disciplinary technical professionals (engineers, project / program managers)
- Experience in managing technical professionals in support of complex technical capital projects
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
- Master's degree in science discipline preferred, MBA also a plus.
- PMP certification or similar project management certification.
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated track record of success in the development and execution of investment programs and projects
- Strong cross-functional collaboration capabilities and influencing skills across business and operations, functional groups and across regions
- Fundamental understanding of quality systems and requirements (ISO standards, Semiconductor practices, GMP, etc.) where applicable.
- Working knowledge of Safety, Environmental, Regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, controls and chemical processes.
- Excellent communication skills (fluent English mandatory). Experience in developing compelling, fact driven technical content of business cases and securing investment decisions from execution leadership
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.