Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As an Engineering manager you will be responsible for leading the Engineering and facilities maintenance team at our Cell Culture Media production facility located in Irvine, UK. In this position you will manage and be responsible for maintenance, repair, change management and preventative maintenance of equipment and facility to ensure that the areas are maintained in accordance with all safety, quality, GMP and applicable regulatory requirements. In addition, you will be managing capital investment projects and the engineering resources to support them.
You will oversea and manage a team operating across all areas of the facility, including the supervision of approximately 30 staff operating 24/7.
Responsibilities will include, but not be exclusive to:
- Direct the maintenance, renovation, and repair of all facility areas, including GMP production, lab and warehouse areas and equipment.
- Communicate daily with operations teams for status of facility and equipment needed for ongoing production.
- Promote a culture of safety, quality and compliance, and achieve continuous improvement through OpEx initiatives.
- Manage and support Preventative Maintenance programs, planned facility/equipment shutdowns, calibration and proactive equipment reliability assessments to ensure maximum plant capacity
- Identify and maintain inventory of replacement parts for critical equipment.
- Manage a 5 year capital plan & budget and the project engineering resource necessary to support capital investment
- Prepare justification to obtain funding approval for capital projects and support new equipment installation and start-up
- Implement metrics necessary to monitor the effectiveness and continual improvement of the assigned functions.
- Assist in development of departmental budget and manage areas of responsibility within approved budget and contracted scope of work.
- Ensure adequate staffing and structure of resources are maintained to support 24/7 operations including contractors as needed.
- Provide for the training and development of employees necessary to support business and quality objectives.
- Attract, hire and retain skilled talent
- Select and manage vendors and contractors and evaluate performance
- Participate as the maintenance/facilities representative for customer and regulatory audits
- Partner with Quality group to report, investigate and resolve deviations and utilize change control process where applicable
Who you are:
- Managerial or supervisory leadership experience of an Engineering and facilities team, preferably within a chemical or life sciences industry.
- Served a formal electrical, chemical or mechanical apprenticeship
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent health and safety qualification, desirable but not essential
- Maintenance Management Certification, desirable but not essential
- Sense of urgency working to tight deadlines
- Proven track record of process improvement
- The ability to troubleshoot and solve problems and to implement change proactively.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills with an enthusiastic and motivational style.
- Relevant HND/Degree or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering, or equivalent, desirable but not essential.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.