Show All Results
Electrical Design Engineer
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join EMD Electronics.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Electrical Design Engineer is an onsite position in Chandler, AZ or Austin, TX.
As an Electrical Design Engineer for our specialty gas and liquid delivery equipment, you are an integral part of the success of our Delivery Systems and Services business. In this role, you will align to business strategy and execute electrical design in line with safety, quality, reliability, and efficiency. You will help creating the engineering solutions to the problems facing the advancement of the electronics industry.
- Producing electrical schematics, panel layouts, and system Interconnects according to industry best practices and relevant standards.
- Performing electrical full Load, thermal load, and Short-Circuit Current Rating (SCCR) calculations.
- Designing industrial control panel layouts including proper grounding and bonding according to UL508A.
- Designing PLC based controllers for industrial equipment.
- Working in cross functional teams including project managers, product engineers, and controls engineers; while maintaining individual deadlines for multiple projects.
- Following all applicable codes, regulations, and standards for North America and Europe; including National Electric Code (NFPA 70/79), UL standards pertaining to class 1 Div 2 locations, CE/IEC ATEX related standards, SEMI standards, and NEMA/IP ratings.
- Sustaining existing products including finding replacement for obsolete components and testing and qualifying the alternate parts, including reverse engineering.
- Develop electrical design specification, test plans, and test procedures work instructions; executing test plans, including use of basic lab equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, bench power supplies, etc)
Who You Are:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience of electrical design of low voltage (24VDC-480VAC) industrial equipment in semiconductor, chemical, pharmaceutical, or equivalent field.
- Experience with AC electrical design and control circuit design for PLC based industrial control panel.
- Experience in SOLIDWORKS (electrical)/DraftSight/AutoCAD, or equivalent.
- Experience in semiconductor equipment or safety critical equipment.
- PLC based electrical design experience of industrial equipment.
- Experience in control systems including temperature and pressure control systems.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.