Show All Results
Electronics & Instrumentation Technician III
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
You will perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting, fabrication, integration, and installation of various electrical and process control instrumentation equipment in a chemical manufacturing environment. You will ensure the operational readiness of facilities infrastructure and manufacturing equipment from an electrical and controls perspective. The Electrical and Instrument Technician III is expected to perform these tasks in an efficient and safe manner. This is an onsite position in our Carlsbad location expected to work under minimum supervision and will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Lead Technician.
- Execute Preventive and Corrective maintenance tasks related to the electrical and process control aspects of site safety systems; site regulatory compliance systems; facility infrastructure and production manufacturing equipment.
- Assist with the troubleshooting, testing and repair of electrical equipment and process control systems.
- Provide electrical and process control fabrication support as required for the construction of new manufacturing production units and the upkeep/repair of existing manufacturing production units.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly inspection checklists as assigned.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation for after-hours response.
- This is an onsite position working at our Carlsbad, CA location
- Flexible to work off-shifts, weekends and additional hours when needed. Approximately twice per month
- Ability to work off-shifts, weekends and additional hours as needed.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to use basic electronic test equipment.
- Ability to perform tasks that require moderate physical activity.
- Ability to qualify physically to wear an air purifying respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience working as an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician in a Facilities/Maintenance department of an industrial or manufacturing company.
- Strong safety focus.
- Experience using basic electronic test equipment such as multimeter, circuit tester, continuity tester, clamp-on meter, & circuit tracer
- Ability to organize thoughts to complete a Job Safety Analysis or Pre-Task Safety Assessment.
- Working understanding of energy isolation.
- Ability to read/interpret electrical schematics, single line, three line and ladder diagrams.
- Ability to read/interpret instrument and electrical control schematics and P&IDs.
- Ability to layout and fabricate control panels from electrical schematics.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NEC or NFPA 70.
- Possess basic computer skills (e.g., use of Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Possess basic skills to use manipulate drawings in a CAD software program such AutoCAD Electrical.
Pay Range for this position - $36,500 - $85,300
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.