Show All Results
SAP ABAP - Application Architect
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
A career at an science and technology company like ours is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works, and plays through next-generation advancements in healthcare, life science, and performance materials. For 355 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Title: Architect
This position will be located at our IT Center, e-city, Bengaluru facility. As an SAP ABAP Application Architect-E3, your role will be a varied one. Ultimately, we'd be hiring you for your technical expertise. Your role includes Designing and implementing new solutions using SAP’s latest NetWeaver and HANA technologies. Strong understanding of SAP system architectural principles and standards. Lead and deliver our business requirements. Keep up to date with ABAP, Fiori and BTP technologies and implement them if beneficial to the organization. Depending on the project, you will lead an application development team of 3-5 (typically).
- Facilitate and lead the development and delivery of RICEFW objects in multiple areas of SAP S/4 HANA such as SD, EHS, EWM, TM, APO, GTS, FI, CO, MM, and FSCM.
- Design, Develop, test, debug, implement, maintain, and document ABAP code used in RICEFW (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms, and Workflows) for SAP logistics modules.
- Develop using Advanced ABAP NetWeaver 752 Syntax on S/4 HANA, CDS Views, AMDP, and OO ABAP.
- Building various print forms using Adobe PDF, both static and Interactive.
- Expert working knowledge in SAP Finance Developments (AR, AP, GL processes) to gather inputs, build solutions, develop code, and unit test.
- Support and fix the legacy SAP applications run on SAP R/3 4.7.
- Knowledge on Finance master data and transactional tables, Transactions, User Exits, Enhancements, Business Add-Ins (BAdIs), BTE, Bank/Payment Interfaces, and Invoice/Debit/Credit Notes. Currency Conversions.
- Support the Functional architect in selecting the right SAP application framework.
- Optimize the performance of the SAP ABAP Programs and Design the SAP UI applications using Fiori and FPM.
- Participate in project “Go-Live” activities, including the development and execution of project cutover plans.
- Ensure all work conforms to SAP best practices and the org IT standards, including documentation within and outside development objects.
- Perform Execution of Load Tests, Performance Tests, and Scalability Tests of SAP ABAP Objects.
- Work directly with developers and analysts in a scrum-like fashion.
- Ensure Standards and Guidelines are followed with code Reviews.
- Keep the manager up to date with weekly updates on team workload.
Who you are:
- A bachelor’s degree with 16+ years of education.
- Must have 12+ years of SAP ABAP expertise.
- 5+ Years of SAP S4 HANA with FI/CO, SD, EHS, MM, and FSCM modules development experience.
- Development experience in SAP Simple Finance and S/4 HANA table structures, data elements/fields, & table inter-dependencies
- Functional knowledge in FI, CO, EHS, MM, SD, and FSCM modules.
- Experience in using ABAP Development Tools (ADT) on Eclipse.
- ABAP and ABAP-OO on SAP HANA utilizing the latest language additions.
- Solid understanding of HANA database technology, and S/4 HANA Data models.
- Experience with AMDP, ALV on HANA, CDS Views, Object-oriented ABAP.
- SAP Workflow design, change and support (BRF+, Class-based Workflow) Business Add-Ins (BAdIs), Enhancement Framework, User-Exits, BTE
- Good troubleshooting skills on any applications and infrastructure.
- Must have strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team focused environment across multiple projects.
- Must be willing to work overtime and non-standard shifts when needed.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.