Show All Results
MSL Oncology / Biopharma (Tokyo)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That`s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimageable with us.
As a vibrant science and technology company, we believe in science as a force for good. We make a positive difference on millions of people´s lives every day.
Department: MA Oncology 2
Report to:MSL Manager
Roles providing expertise on scientific topics regarding relevant disease areas and Company assets to ensure their safe and appropriate use by patients.
Acts as a field-based expert, building relationships with External Experts as trusted scientific partners. Exchanges credible scientific information to ensure the optimal use of Company assets and to improve patient care. Gathers and provides insights back to the Company to inform strategy and activities.
• Understands local Field Medical strategies and how they align to the Country and above Country Medical strategies; applies these strategies and prioritized scientific information to external stakeholder interaction plans
• Gathers and internally communicates relevant opinions, expert knowledge, Medical Insights and research and development concepts from external stakeholders to inform, advance and potentially influence the strategic direction of the Medical Affairs department and Company
• Maintains and demonstrates comprehensive and in-depth scientific knowledge of assigned therapeutic area (TA), including disease states, research advances, approved treatment options and investigational therapies
• Leads or contributes to Medical Affairs field activities in assigned territory along defined Medical launch/asset strategies and plans
• Develops and implements territory Medical plans with assigned HCPs
• Expertly communicates complex scientific information to internal and external stakeholders
• Communicates information regarding adverse reactions and /or quality issues to the responsible Patient Safety and/ or Healthcare Quality colleague within appropriate timeframes
• Ensures operational excellence by sharing best practices and communicating Medical Insights internally
• Continuously strengthens competencies in conducting both in-person and virtual scientific interactions, including optimal choice and use of technology and effective communication and listening skills
• Successfully completes all required internal and external trainings
• Compliantly follows all Good Clinical Practice, relevant company SOPs, Policies, local laws and regulations
• May develop Medical material, provide Medical review of material, deliver Medical training
SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION AND DATA GENERATION:
• Provides comprehensive scientific education on disease states, therapeutic options and research advances of shared importance to the Company and external stakeholders within assigned territory to enhance external stakeholders’ understanding and knowledge of Company activities and assets
• Delivers accurate and timely scientific information on Company assets to assigned external stakeholders within territory, customizing the scientific information and delivery method to meet the needs and preferences of each external stakeholder, to ensure the relevance and impact of the communications and, ultimately, the timely, safe and appropriate use of Company assets by patients
• Provides external stakeholders with accurate, up-to-date and fair-balanced information on Company’s investigational therapies following global and local rules regarding proactive and reactive communication
• Anticipates the unmet educational needs of stakeholders on medical, clinical, epidemiologic, and scientific topics and employs cutting edge science in leading discussions to advance their understanding of the disease by sharing information and answering questions based on approved material within Regulatory guidelines
• Maintains a deep understanding of the Company’s clinical research activities and focus areas, and of the clinical investigators’ activities, research experience and research potential throughout territory. Offers suggestions on appropriate clinical trials sites when appropriate.
• Maintains awareness of the TA Strategic Objectives and associated data collection targets. Identifies opportunities during interactions with stakeholders to potentially engage in Real World Evidence and other data generation and analysis projects within the territory. Communicates these potential opportunities to internal stakeholders using appropriate channels.
• May work collaboratively and in coordination with Clinical Development and Clinical Operations to support research studies by raising study awareness across territory; science-focused engagements with investigators and site staff; discussions on compound MoA, clinical development plans, treatment landscape, existing data and potential referral pathways; and developing and maintaining site relationships as the point of contact for scientific education, information and non-study-related medical topics
• May support Investigator-Sponsored Studies (ISS) by communicating areas of clinical interest and acting as the main internal point of contact and liaison for ISS submissions and discussions
• Identifies and interacts with key members of the Medical community (external stakeholders including Healthcare Professionals (HCPs/""thought leaders"") and possibly other healthcare stakeholders such as access decision makers, government organizations and patient groups within assigned territory and TA, with given frequency and pre-defined metrics, in accordance with local regulations
• Comprehensively profiles and prioritizes stakeholders in line with the TA Medical plan while identifying opportunities to collaborate to address HCPs’ therapeutic goals
• Establishes robust, long-term peer relationships with thought leaders, other stakeholder partners, Medical Societies and Policy Organizations
• Represents Medical Affairs and the Company as a trusted scientific resource to external stakeholders within assigned territory
• Facilitates partnerships on innovative research and healthcare solutions with external stakeholders
• Represents Company at congresses, Medical Education programs, and other scientific events and meetings
• Engages with internal colleagues (Field Medical colleagues, Medical Affairs department, Clinical Operations, Clinical Development and Commercial colleagues as appropriate, etc.) in developing, delivering and participating in Medical and/or cross-functional initiatives
• May contribute to educational meetings or scientific Advisory Boards at local/regional and national level
• May provide scientific training to HCPs (e.g., contracted speakers)"
• University degree (Bachelor’s) required, preferably in scientific field of relevance to position
• Secondary/ advanced scientific degree (e.g., MSc, PharmD, PhD, DO, MD) required
• Scientific and/ or clinical training in area of relevance to position strongly preferred
• Professional, clinical or research experience in a scientific or related field required (minimum of 2 years)
• Previous MSL or related pharmaceutical experience preferred
• Knowledge and experience of methodology of clinical research and Good Clinical Practice preferred
• Advanced English language competency and fluency in local language
• Advanced scientific knowledge, relationship building and networking skills
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
• Strong ability to evaluate publications on scientific content and communicate peer to peer on the scientific content with external stakeholders
• Master communicator to external stakeholders and peers, in both small and large group settings
• Ability to build ongoing and productive relationships throughout the organization to achieve strategic goals
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, for both in-person and virtual environments
• Good knowledge of computer tools and software (MS Office), including virtual interaction platforms (MS Teams, Zoom, etc.)
• Good conflict resolution/management skill
Recruiting Contact : Maiko Yamasue
Register now to our new Talent Zone! It is a great way to stay connected, learn more about our company, career opportunities and events! Even you have no plan to apply a position now, please feel free to register to be visible to our internal recruiters and stay in touch for future opportunities.
Talent zone link: https://careers.vibrantm.com/global/en/jointalentcommunity
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.