Show All Results
Senior Regulatory Affairs Expert - Sustainability Portfolio Transformation (all genders)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Are you passionate about driving innovation and shaping the future of European chemicals regulation? Join our dynamic team as a (Senior) Regulatory Affairs Expert, where you will play a crucial role in our sustainability portfolio transformation activities. By joining our team, you will be part of a global organization that values innovation, creativity, and collaboration. We embrace diverse perspectives and encourage our employees to think outside the box. As a (Senior) Regulatory Affairs Expert, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our sustainability efforts, contributing to a sustainable future and driving positive change in the industry.
As a (Senior) Regulatory Affairs Expert, you will work closely with different functions within ourLife Science business, including R&D, Production, Quality and more. Your focus will be on ensuring compliance with existing EU regulations to execute the transition of our portfolio even beyond regulatory requirements. Subsequently you will either be involved in substitution projects, where you will leverage your expertise in European chemicals regulation to drive innovation and ensure compliance with sustainability standards. Or you will contribute to laying the foundation for future requirements in the context of nanomaterials, polymers or advanced materials (AdMat) and accompany their implementation.
Either way, you will interact with stakeholders across the organization, advice on regulatory execution strategies from a regulatory standpoint and implementing initiatives that support our commitment to sustainable practices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in European chemicals regulation, and beyond, but in particular the Chemical Strategy for Sustainability. This may include restrictions, authorization requirements, and other prohibitions or implications of the evolving Advanced Materials (AdMat) definitions incl. treated Nanomaterials, (Bio-Polymers, etc.).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive portfolio transformations either by supporting substitution projects or via the implementation of new frameworks regarding e.g. description, and marketability of AdMat incl. Nanomaterials, Polymers and beyond.
- Provide strategic regulatory expert guidance and support to R&D, Production, and Product Management to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and execute the transition.
- Represent the company in industry associations, working groups, and regulatory forums, fostering collaboration and driving the adoption of sustainable practices.
Who you are:
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Toxicology, Environmental Science, Material Science or a related field; PhD is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in regulatory affairs of chemicals.
- Extensive professional experience in European chemicals regulations, preferably gained from previous activities in an industrial company especially related to restrictions, authorization or related to nanomaterials, polymers.
- Strong understanding of the Chemical Strategy for Sustainability (CSS) and its implications for the industry.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex regulations and provide practical recommendations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate across functions and engage with stakeholders e.g. through practical experience in managing moderate to complex interdisciplinary projects (very good command of English; German and/ or French will be an advantage).
- Mastering the balancing act of independently driving complex topics forward, making decisions and taking controlled risks, while at the same time subordinating yourself to the larger vision and task as a member of a team.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.