Show All Results
General Ledger Specialist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As General Ledger Accountant in a Manila Shared Service Center, you:
- Handle and perform the GL operations task of the assigned entity on a daily basis including month end close (MEC) activities, to ensure realization of service objectives within set guidelines/policies.
- Manage your processes and tasks to provide internal customers with financial data/reports, manage accounting processes, post to the general ledger, handle payroll and benefits (whenever applicable to the entity), maintain master data and reconcile/maintain accounts.
- Are responsible for preparation of reports as required by the local finance and Group Accounting, performing financial analysis and (pre-)audit tasks.
- Handle escalations, perform advanced processing for specific GL activities of a more complex/sensitive nature and provide support on user testing on ERP / GL related tasks.
- Leverage your expertise to constantly seek out better ways of performing processes, to contribute to process excellence initiatives, and to support operational performance reporting activities.
- Work and collaborate well with local entity finance in resolving issues pertaining to the process.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree holder in finance, accounting or any related field required
- Master’s Degree in Finance / Accounting or CPA accreditation preferred
- At least 5 - 8 years of experience in General Ledger Accounting Operations
- Profound accounting knowledge required (IFRS, GAAP, Tax)
- Experience within a Shared Services Center preferred
- Experience with SAP or other ERP system required
- Fluent English language skills required
- Willing to be based in BGC, Taguig
- Amenable to work on a mid shift / night shift schedule (Regular Schedule: 3 PM-12 AM, month end: , 9PM – 6AM)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.