Show All Results
Manufacturing Technician 2 - 1st Shift
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Technician 2 – 1st Shift at the South Broadway site is responsible for setting up and preparing products according to current manufacturing procedures, cleaning up equipment and manufacturing suites after production operations, complete batch records during the production of products, and follow all safety and quality policies at all times. Job duties include:
- 1st Shift: Monday – Friday 6:00AM – 2:30PM
- Set-up and operation of processing equipment (including automated/manual bottle, disinfection equipment, sampling equipment, conveyors, and packaging equipment) including powder filling equipment.
- Identify malfunctions in equipment operation and with appropriate approval take corrective actions, such as reconfiguring equipment, adjustment of set points or adjusting operating parameters
- Report equipment failures and work with repair personnel to correct problems
- Perform production operations
- Set-up and prepare products according to current manufacturing procedures
- Perform filling and packaging operations per current production process and procedures.
- Transport chemicals and equipment to and from processes including use of pumps/piping, fork trucks, pallet jacks or dollies
- Ensure quality and quantity of product throughout production process
- Setup and perform required automatic and manual cleaning or disinfection cycles for equipment and processes
- Clean-up equipment and working areas after production operations
- Coordinate appropriate disposal of waste and complete compliance documentation
- Communicate and document status of processes, products, and equipment
- Provide a complete and accurate batch record at the conclusion of production operations consistent with quality guidelines while ensuring that all applicable log-books have been filled out completely
- Perform operations in compliance with rules and in a safe, orderly manner.
- Improve manufacturing processes through application of experience and scientific principles
- Wear appropriate PPE for production processes including but not limited to full face respirators, gloves, and suits)
- Lifting and pushing up to 50 pounds
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years’ experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in chemistry, mathematics and science
- Experience with safe chemical handling methods
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Computer skills
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.