Show All Results
Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Technician
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics in Savannah, GA is seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Technician. In this role, you will ensure a consistent and stable operation by maintaining infrastructure assets at the site. You will be responsible for performing daily preventive, planned, and emergency work in an efficient manner and help drive state-of-the-art technology.
- Troubleshoot, repair, or replace motor starter buckets, motor control centers, lighting, transformers, relays, contractors, (AC/DC) motors, electrical outlet ground faults, circuit breakers and power panels, line and control fuses, and electrical outlets
- Account for all activities within the area of responsibility including maintenance, quality, health, safety, security, and environmental activities
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, or replace flow, level, temperature, pressure control valves, pressure transmitters, and pressure switches
- Use test equipment, field calibrators, shop equipment, handheld communicators, and other necessary hand tools
- Support the management system by ensuring their area is complying with Standard Operating Procedures, Management of Change, Notification of Change, and other required activities
- Inspect and test equipment to identify malfunctions or defects
- Maintain high standards for housekeeping, safety, and environmental compliance
- Perform maintenance for on-site and help meet department objectives
- Drive innovation and operational excellence including Best Practice Sharing, through continuous improvement and participation in Lean & Six Sigma
- Prepare and maintain records detailing test, repairs, and maintenance
- Detect and report faulty operation, defective material, and equipment
This position will include rotational on-call hours, including weekends and holidays in addition to standard business hours.
Shift: 4 10-hour days 6:00am – 4:30pm alternating monthly between Monday thru Thursday and Tuesday thru Friday
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Electrical & Instrumentation Technician Certification and 1+ years of experience in electrical and instrumentation maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in electrical and instrumentation maintenance
- 3+ years of experience in preparing and maintaining records detailing test, repairs, and maintenance activities
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate information at the appropriate level of the audience
- Excellent problem solving and computer skills
- Desire to succeed and ability to execute multiple tasks or projects
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.