Show All Results
HVAC Maintenance Technician 3
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The HVAC Maintenance Technician 3 at MilliporeSigma in St. Louis will maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems and provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members, contractors, and technicians. This multi-skilled position will complete work orders that cross over traditional disciplines. This position is located at the Dekalb Street site. Daily responsibilities include:
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance of equipment, facilities, and utility systems
- Effective use of the Management of Change Process
- Read, understand, and follow through with work instructions and procedures
- Utilize basic PC software (Windows operating systems and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook for email) and SAP CMMS software
- Operate forklifts, man lifts, hand tools, power tools, and basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.)
- Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings and schematics
- Read gauges and understand units of measure
- Identify parts needed for repair
- Troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers
- Troubleshoot, install, maintain, and repair heating equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems)
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair dehumidification equipment
- Solder and braze copper and pipe
- Generate and lead process improvements
- This is a 1st shift position, Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM. This role is part of a rotating weekend and holiday on-call program for after-hours duty
- Lift or move up to 50 pounds unassisted, and additional weight with assistance
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator, and face shield
- Work at varying heights
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Universal EPA Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- 5+ years of HVAC maintenance experience OR 2+ years of technical school training in a maintenance discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and 5S skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Knowledge of good documentation practices
- Understanding of materials of construction and chemical compatibility
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.