Show All Results
Facilities Systems Administrator
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma in Carlsbad, CA is seeking a Facility Systems Administrator. This person will report to the Facilities Operations Manager and will work closely with the facilities, maintenance, and engineering teams to support all facilities activities. In meeting these goals, the Facilities Admin will ensure that projects are performed on schedule and in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information from the facilities department.
- Provide administrative support to the maintenance, engineering, and facilities teams.
- Manage office functions as the system administrator for the facilities department’s Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), work order/coordination, service history database management, daily office operations, coordination of budgeting/accounting systems maintaining office records, and providing general support services.
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external building safety inspections
- Perform safety inspections (safety showers and fire extinguishers)
- Perform general facilities repairs (bulb replacement, desk install, wall mounting etc…)
- Support the management of the CMMS/Blue Mountain Ram system, including entering system data, and providing overall system administration
- Assist with the implementation or revisions of the department’s CMMS
- Schedule and coordinate routine alarm and security system tests
- Independently maintain and update administrative policies and procedures as needed
- Establish, maintain, and organize the department's equipment files/records
- Create Facilities and Equipment metrics
- Prioritize time-sensitive repair work orders and communicate conditions which compromise on time completion or restrict machinery operability.
- Manage and coordinate projects in support and under the direction of the Facilities Operations Manager.
- Manage outside contractors in support of the facilities department, including maintaining records and contracts, coordinating project activities, and providing scheduling support.
This position may include travel as needed between sites to attend professional conferences and train new employees.
The shift may include extended hours to accommodate a change in shift priorities.
- Adjusting, moving, and lifting objects up to 25 pounds
- Utilizing gowning procedure before entering cleanroom environment
- Working inside or outdoors in ranging temperatures
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a facilities position or environment
- 4+ years of Facilities and Equipment Management experience
- Ability to manage a CMMS system
- Proficiency with CMMS software, such as Blue Mountain Ram
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Previous experience in a GMP environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize assignments and to communicate and respond effectively
Pay Range for this position - $44,800 - $104,400
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.