Show All Results
Global Director of Quality - Silica
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join EMD Electronics.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Global Director of Quality – Silica position is located on site in Charlotte, NC, with domestic and international travel required.
At EMD Electronics the Global Director of Quality – Silica is responsible for all strategic and tactical aspects of Quality (quality strategy, quality assurance, quality control, and quality system management) for our global business. This role is a working director, providing hands-on technical support for the US Silica Operations. The Global Director of Quality – Silica will be working within a multi-disciplinary team environment and will be responsible for developing and maintaining good working relationships with business contacts both internally and externally. The Global Director of Quality – Silica must be self-motivated, both tactical and strategic, and be comfortable with changing priorities affecting the daily work schedule. The role reports to the Silica General Manager and is a member of the Silica Leadership Team (SLT).
- Create and execute a scalable global quality vision for the Silica business, strengthening our quality systems and culture to effectively deliver products to advanced node semiconductor customers with the expected quality assurance. Bring Semiconductor customer expectations into this vision from personal experience. Create meaningful and workable systems and practices so EMD’s Silica business becomes the customer-recognized benchmark for quality amongst CMP slurry suppliers.
- Manage all aspects of quality and provide technical support (quality assurance, quality control, process changes, and quality systems) for US Silica Operations and quality systems management (including maintenance of quality documents, quality records, and auditing).
- Globally manage and locally provide and manage customer support needs and help solve quality technical problems timely and effectively. Ensure the global Quality team has the tools and capabilities for meeting customer quality and technical support needs now and in the future.
- Be a key contact for customer quality and change management topics. Ensure process changes and raw material and equipment qualification plans are thoroughly created and aligned internally, and with our partner, DuPont.
- Actively participate in leadership and management meetings and be a quality advocate and leader in the Silica Leadership Team. Lead quality specific meetings, as necessary.
- Responsible for identifying relevant quality standards and ensure global quality systems are maintained. Interface with corporate functions for ISO and other relevant quality systems and certifications.
- Manage the quality group’s operations budget and recommend capex investments and project manage their implementation and qualification.
- Lead global continuous improvement efforts in systems, metrology, and practices while also leading a Global Process Change Board so all changes are managed according to semiconductor customer expectations.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or other advanced degree, preferably in chemistry or engineering (or related field).
- 10+ years previous customer or material supplier experience in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical methods such as Six Sigma, probability, and continuous improvement processes.
- Experience leading quality organizations and managing customer and supplier relationships in the Semiconductor industry.
- Previous customer or material supplier experience in CMP processing, or the manufacturing, testing, and application of colloidal silica for polishing slurries.
- Understanding of advanced statistical quality control concepts and techniques. Experience with common and advanced quality analysis methods for Semiconductor materials.
- Knowledge of colloidal silica, physical property characterization, and CMP processes is beneficial.
- Excellent problem-solving skills along with the ability to work with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited known correlations exist.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software applications, statistical analysis software like Minitab, and other data management and analysis software like SAP.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, partners, and customers.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with business contacts both internally and externally.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.