Show All Results
Head of Advanced Biostatistical Sciences
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Your Role: We are seeking a Head of Advanced Biostatistical Sciences to join the Biostatistics Leadership Team and help shape the impact of the discipline of Biostatistics across the drug development lifecycle. The successful candidate will lead a team of experts within the biostatistics function, comprised of capabilities in statistical methodology, biostatistical subject matter expertise (e.g., safety statistics, PROs, design-of-experiment, non-clinical statistics, etc.), statistical/machine learning, and statistical tools/applications development. The Head of Advanced Biostatistical Sciences will partner with members of Biostatistics and key stakeholders from Clinical Measurement Sciences (CMS), Research &Development and Healthcare functions, and our wider Data Science community to advance biostatistics capabilities and data-driven decision-making.
- Lead the development and delivery of statistical methodology, biostatistical subject matter expertise, statistical/machine learning, and statistical tools/applications development to support the development and marketing of new medicines
- Collaborate with Biostatistics and other CMS functions to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality statistical support to R&D programs
- Collaborate with other R&D functions to ensure that advanced statistical expertise is appropriately integrated into R&D decision-making
- Build and grow the Advanced Biostatistics Sciences team, including recruiting, developing, and retaining top talent
- Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art statistical methodologies, tools, and technologies, and integrate them into the work of the wider organization
- Lead the development of new statistical methodologies, endpoints (including digital endpoints), tools, and technologies, and contribute to their dissemination and adoption across the organization
- Collaborate with our wider Data Science community to ensure efficient data utilization and integration into the work of the team
- Provide input into the planning of R&D programs to ensure appropriate statistical support and utilization of advanced statistical methods to accelerate development of new medicines and maximize PTRS.
- Ensure the team works in compliance with regulatory guidelines and company policies and procedures
Who you are:
- PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in biostatistics, with demonstrated experience in statistical methodology, biostatistical subject matter expertise, statistical/machine learning, or statistical tools/applications development
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical skills to clinical research and development
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly present technical information to a variety of stakeholders
- Proficiency in SAS and/or R software and experience working with large, complex data sets
- Experience leading and developing teams in a fast-paced, matrixed, and collaborative environment
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for clinical studies, including ICH guidelines and FDA and EMA regulations
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to influence peers and senior leaders
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.