Show All Results
Manufacturing Supervisor 2nd Shift - Cell Culture Media
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as the Manufacturing Supervisor – Cell Culture Media - 2nd Shift, at our 3506 S. Broadway location, your primary responsibility is to manage and supervise personnel and resources for manufacturing site.
- Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday - 2:00pm to 10:30pm , with potential for off-shift/weekend work.
- Develop subordinates’ knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities.
- Coordinate the group’s efforts to accomplish departmental and company objectives in a safe manner and in compliance with all applicable federal, state and company regulations (OSHA, USDA, ExciPact, ISO, etc.).
- Select, train, develop, motivate and evaluate employees.
- Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Ensure tasks are completed in accordance with approved SOP’s, OJTs and other protocols.
- Provide strong avenue of communication for employees and ensure information is passed on to subordinates timely through weekly meetings and shift pass downs.
- Communicate the group’s status, data and feedback to management.
- Direct groups efforts toward ISCO Excellence and company goals.
- Represent the team in Material Review Board (MRB) and Production scheduling meetings.
- Plan for short-term and long-term responses to customer needs and company goals.
- Contribute to the support of customer relations and interact with the customers and represent the company during audits.
- May occasionally perform duties of direct reports.
- Lift, push, pull or move up to 50 lbs
- Wear appropriate PPE such as necessary (e.g., safety shoes and safety goggles)
Who you Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, etc.) with and 3+ years of manufacturing experience.
- High School Diploma or GED and 7+ years of life science manufacturing experience.
- Familiarity with basic chemistry and science principles.
- Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Experience with Digital/Smart Manufacturing concepts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and/or prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop employees.
- Knowledge of various processing techniques and equipment.
- Good interpersonal, conflict resolution, motivation, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include the ability to communicate with various disciplines and levels both one-on-one and in group communication.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.