Show All Results
Analytical Op&QC Lab Manager (m/f/d)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
An exciting new opportunity has risen at our State-Of-The-Art Biotech Development Facility in Switzerland.
Analytical Operations and QC Associate Lab Manager in Microbiology and Environmental Monitoring
The Biotech Development Center (BDC) is our Company's flagship biotech investment in line with the ambition to stay the Vibrant Science and Technology Company. The BDC is integrating analytical technologies of the future with high-tech automatized and digital laboratories, in a flexible, agile and highly collaborative environment.
Reporting to the “Analytical Operations & Quality Control Head of Unit” in the Global Analytical Development organization, this role represents an opportunity to significantly contribute to the startup of high-tech GMP analytical laboratories in the BDC, by actively leading a team to set QC microbiological processes, contributing and executing procedural landscape for the analytical microbiology GMP laboratory and supporting the commissioning, qualification and validation for analytical systems. You liaise with peer QA and QC and production managers and you allow the QC testing labs to run smoothly whilst managing experienced collaborators eager to develop in a context of growth, simplification, and changes to ensure the delivery of our specialty innovator Biotech pipeline to patients.
Your key responsibilities in this role are:
- To manage the QC Microbiology and Env Monitoring Lab and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with the cGMPs and regulatory requirements
- To drive workflow’s definition for microbiological readiness in QC lab for both GMP and non-GMP activities (including environmental monitoring and management of microbiological raw materials used for testing)
- To ensure the use of validated/qualified analytical methods and equipment
- To ensure a consistent customer focused analytical service
- To ensure the availability of a reliable and accurate documentation in the laboratory and support transfer or implementation of new analytical test methods
- To foster people development and multiskilling in the laboratory
- To ensure of the integrity of the data created in conformity with the “Data integrity rules”
- To successfully present and/or defend Microbiology relevant topics in Inspection or Audit
- To recommend improvements to existing systems, processes, techniques or programs with particular focus on state-of-the-art technologies and robotics
Who you are:
- Graduate degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Microbiology or Biotechnology
- 5+ years of experience in QC Microbiology activities in relation with Biotechnology/Aseptic processing in GMP environment
- Proven experience as supervisor/manager with leadership skills and ability to develop team members
- Advanced knowledge in part of the QC Microbiology activities and Aseptic processing scope
- Previous successful experience in positions interacting with other departments/sites
- Knowledge of GLP/GMP/Quality Systems requirements and international guidelines (e.g. ICH, Pharmacopeias) for biopharmaceuticals; knowledge of Data generation, Data processing, Data Quality principles.
- Team player with advanced communication skills in English
- Highly motivated and self-driven, and multi-task to support department and business objectives
- Curiosity and open minded to new tools & technology
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.