Show All Results
Director, Advertising and Promotion, Prescription Drug Products (remote)
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join EMD Serono.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Director of Advertising and Promotion, Prescription Drug Products manages and/or participates in the review, approval and monitoring of prescription drug advertising and promotional labeling pieces. The Director is responsible for ensuring the pieces are in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and regulatory agency guidance.
- Manages or represents Regulatory Affairs on the promotional review committees for prescription products to review promotional materials for compliance with regulatory requirements while meeting the Company's strategic promotional objectives.
- Implements regulatory strategies and solutions to assure that US advertising and promotional materials are in compliance with regulatory requirements and Company policies.
- Provides guidance and strategic support on proposed claims for products in development and helps develop Important Safety Information (ISI) and Brief Summary documents as appropriate.
- Continually develops, assesses and revises advertising and promotion-related processes and SOPs as needed, to enhance efficiencies and compliance.
- Regularly monitors the regulatory compliance trends in industry, interprets new regulations, guidance documents and enforcement letters. Updates the Regulatory Affairs advertising and promotion staff, review committees and appropriate other Company staff regarding changes in the current regulatory environment at FDA’s Office of Prescription Drug Promotion (OPDP), Advertising and Promotional Labeling Branch (APLB), and other regulatory considerations that may impact business.
- Works closely with the Regulatory Affairs prescription drug labeling group regarding package insert changes to assess and determine the impact of proposed labeling changes on product promotion.
- Develops communication packages for regulatory advice, response to FDA action letters, and leads the company in discussions with OPDP and APLB.
- Coordinates company-wide ongoing training on regulatory issues pertaining to product promotion. Other job responsibilities as needed.
- Manages strategic direction, training, and review of prescription drug product advertising and promotion materials, for compliance with company policy and regulatory agency requirements.
- Represents Regulatory Affairs as required as an active key participant on cross functional prescription product promotional review teams, consisting of members from marketing, legal, medical and Regulatory Affairs.
- Participates in development committees for processes and procedures related to advertising and promotion.
- Interacts with Quality related to internal audits and CAPAs, as needed.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or health related discipline (Advanced degree [PhD, MD, MS, PharmD highly preferred)
- Seven or more years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience with 5 years of relevant Regulatory Affairs prescription product advertising and promotion review experience.
- Knowledge of regulations related to prescription drug promotion
- Working knowledge of Rx NDA, BLA and labeling development and approval process
- Detail-oriented with the ability to promptly assess documents for accuracy as well as consistency
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and influence, cross-functional colleagues in a positive and effective manner
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experienced with oncology drug promotion and product launches preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry Regulatory Affairs discipline for prescription drugs.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a continuous learning and process improvement environment.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.