Show All Results
Account Manager Diagnostics Solutions, San Diego CA
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The main responsibilities for this position are to manage, develop and grow the MilliporeSigma Diagnostics business within named accounts in the San Diego, CA Region. A key aspect of this role will be to seek out new business opportunities within the territory and to work closely with MilliporeSigma Specialist and Support teams to ensure that financial targets are realized. A strong customer focus is critical to ensure that the customer’s needs are both understood and managed in a proactive and professional manner.
- Meets or exceeds sales targets
- Provides detailed and accurate forecasts at scheduled intervals
- Grows the business by presenting MilliporeSigma products and services
- Understands the customer’s applications and commercial needs to advance new opportunities
- Coordinates with all internal stakeholders, including management, DX Specialists and franchise representatives.
- Develops opportunities and drives through all sales channels, including direct and distribution
- Monitors and understands competitor’s market and product positions
- Participates in trade shows and presents product and technical information at seminars
- Provides commercial and technical support on critical raw materials used in diagnostics tests
- Coordinates all customer enquiries, plant audits and contract negotiations
- Travel up to 40% attending meetings, and visiting customers within the assigned territory
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, Technology or Business
- 2+ years of experience working in a direct sale role
- 1+ year of experience supporting/selling to diagnostic manufacturing customers
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Fluent in English, written and oral communication
- Commercial acumen to negotiate long term supply agreements
- Highly goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimum direction
- Self-starter - proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be autonomous and to work in a multicultural environment
Pay Range for this position - $49,500 - $148,900
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.