Show All Results
Senior Corporate Counsel, Life Science (all genders)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As a Corporate Counsel – Life Sciences Services, Synthesis and Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) Business, you will serve as a legal business partner for our exciting Synthesis and Antibody Drug Conjugate businesses (SAC) within our Life Science Services business. The Synthesis and Antibody Drug Conjugate business includes our mRNA and ADC Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMO) in the US and Europe, businesses that engage technologies on the cutting edge of medical science.
In this position you will work on a variety of projects across the Life Science business sector but your primary focus will be to support the Synthesis and ADC value chains working in a matrix as a part of the global Life Science Services legal support team. As the primary legal business partner to the Head of the SAC business, you participate on the leadership teams of the SAC business and on related strategic project teams. The position is located in Darmstadt, Germany, and you will be part of a great Legal Life Science Europe team.
You will provide a full range of legal support for the global SAC management and commercial groups, including drafting and negotiating various complex commercial agreements, providing guidance to management on relevant legal and business matters. Furthermore, you will support exciting projects and new business opportunities for which we need you to find complex, enhanced and creative contract solutions to overcome any obstacles since your work will be essential to enable this new business to grow. Also you will be reviewing, evaluating and advising internal clients on business opportunities and process improvements, identifying and mitigating risk, coordinating and leading outside counsel for vital topics, and training management, colleagues and internal clients on related legal issues and standards.
Who you are:
- A good graduate degree in law (“Prädikatsexamen”) and admission to practice law in Europe
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience working at large law firm or multinational corporate legal department, preferably in the Life Science Sector
- You are curious, self motivated and work well both individually and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Understanding of Life Science matters and processes
- Enhanced experience with handling complex matters, portfolios and organizations, including challenging commercial agreements and master services agreements, and international business transactions
- Ability to spot issues and to propose a range of potential solutions within a reasonable risk profile
- Agile team player with a flexible mindset and excellent communication skills
- Business-oriented with pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Great interaction skills with senior management and colleagues in a matrixed, global organization
- Well organized and balance numerous matters while prioritizing the same on a day-to-day basis as needed
- Willingness to travel occasionally as needed
- Proficient in English and German
- Experience with customer-facing negotiations
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical, medical device or life science industry
- Experience with a contract manufacturing organization (CDMO)
- Experience with biopharmaceutical Quality and Regulatory aspects
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.