Show All Results
Maintenance Technician 3
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma in Carlsbad, CA is seeking a Maintenance Technician. In this role you will perform operational monitoring, maintenance and repair of utility systems and equipment associated with a cGMP contract manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Maintenance Department Manager you will assist in meeting the corporate production and growth goals, working with the supervisor and manager. In meeting these goals, the Maintenance Technician will ensure that maintenance is performed on schedule in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Aid maintenance staff in the performance of high-level Preventive Maintenance (PM) of utility and HVAC systems
- Ensure Preventive Maintenance documentation is maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Perform and ensure all Preventive Maintenance activities are completed on schedule to maintain regulatory compliance and as outlined in SOP’s
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to determine maintenance scheduling and downtime
- Provide support and assistance with facility related upkeep and general maintenance
- Provide support during equipment installations and qualifications
- Provide technical support to all departments in a quality and service-oriented approach
- Mentor and train staff on preventative maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Support improvements to SOPs and Maintenance Checklist in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Aid Engineering and Maintenance departments during investigations, deviations, and audit readiness
- Assist with troubleshooting of equipment malfunctions as needed
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of Technical, Vocational training, i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, or Control Systems
- 2+ years of experience in utility system operations and maintenance in an FDA or GMP regulated environment
- Excellent computer skills, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent troubleshooting skill on complex facilities equipment
- 4+ years of clean room experience
- 4+ years of professional, working knowledge of utility systems and equipment
- HVAC, Chilled Water Systems, Heating Hot Water Systems
- Building Management Systems, i.e., Siemens Building Automation
- Purified Water Systems, WFI, Clean Steam
- Boilers and Steam Distribution Systems, i.e., Parker, Fulton
- Clean Compressed Air and Lab Gas Systems
- Emergency Generators and Electrical Distribution
- Fire/Life Safety Systems, i.e., Siemens
- Boiler Water Chemistry Control
- Programmable Controllers, i.e., Allen Bradley
- Experience in Chiller/Boiler maintenance and operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Experience with electronic asset management systems
Pay Range for this position - $39,100 - $117,300
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.